Chapter 42

It only took an hour for Cardin to make Y/n completely lose his cool. The viking boy was considering killing Cardin in the most painful ways possible.

Y/n: "By the gods, I told you countless times to take care of your fucking weapon! 3 times I reforged your damn mace. You were wielding an A-Rank weapon yet you damn monkey broke it in less than a month." Y/n ranted.

It was heartbreaking to see the mace shatter upon the impact with the carapace of a grimm bug. Yes, sure, weapons were meant to be used, they were tools and in the end they also were meant to be replacable goods. It is common for a Hero to go through weapons quickly, even those of higher quality. In the end only S-Rank weapons of the Growing viarity have the durability regenerative properties needed to become a Heroes weapon for the rest of their life. 

Even those weapons need proper care to not break due to overuse. They can not regenerate durability if they break.

With a sigh Y/n took a step back, letting Cardin drop from his grasp like a sack of potatoes.

Y/n: "Well looks like you have to deal with a dungeon full of Grimm without a weapon. Good luck." That said, Y/n went back to playing fetch with Fenrir while his other summons were nearby playing in the underground paradise that was this dungeons theme.

The Grimm in this Dungeon all were insects. From the butterflies they have encountered first, to the centipedes and the ants. They were anoying to deal with, especially those that could fly, all because of their chitin armor. 

At least Y/n had to give the group credit for being rather well coordinated and they quickly figured out that all the Grimm did not like fire at all.

One thing however felt odd and Y/n made sure to stay alert. He would not tell the group about his worries, but he will be ready to get them out of the danger.

The whole Dungeon so far had been one single giant room and there was no clear Bossroom.

They soon found the reason why.

Cardin had broken off a big branch which he now used as a make shift weapon and upon doing so they all heard a loud screeching coming from below. The sound was followed by loud buzzing, which had been the tell tale sign of a very anoying Grimm species.

A thick fog of wasps came shooting towards them and the group sprung into action.

For this situation Jae was the most important member of the group as she had the best way of dealing with bigger groups of enemies. It did not take long for the swarm to be killed, but it still brought a new piece of information to the surface. 

They were in the Bossroom.

The Dungeon was the Boss.

It did take the group a bit till they too came to that conclusion and now they were currently resting near a river, they wisely had not taken a drink from the water so they did not need to worry about what that might have caused.

Dove: "So how are we supposed to kill this thing?" The boy asked the group. Y/n had to give him credit for not going the usual brown-nosing route of his of only asking Cardin.

Sky: "I mean, if the whole cave is a Grimm, shouldn't there be organs and stuff?"

Flora: "Do Grimm even have innards?" She looked at Y/n, who was leaning against a tree, his arms crossed, Huginn and Muninn perching on his shoulders.

Y/n: "Yes and no." Y/n answered after having tried to remember if Professor Port had mentioned this rather important fact in any of his stories. The man didnt. "Grimm have a brain, somekind of organ for breathing and a kind of heart. But those are part of the entire body, not seperate organs." He explained rather poorly if he had to admit. Y/n knew this because he had crushed his fair amount of windpipes and chests of the Grimm he had fought and they died just like those he would cut. It could have also just been the fact that crushing their bodies simply killed them, but he had pulverized legs and arms of Grimm who continued to fight for a bit longer, so maybe they do have a working breathing system. He should go and try to drown a Canis in a stream in the Emerald Forest to see if Grimm do need air or not.