Chapter 26

The clanking of metal has become a common sound near Nidavellir. It hurts Y/ns heart everytime he had smelted down another weapon just to regain the materials. Sure he could have gone out and gotten more but it would result in weapons piling up, weapons nobody was likely to buy. Leveling up his forging skills has become painfully slow too and Y/n does not want to remember the many, many times he had to forge himself a new hammer.

His pondering was cut short as a knock was heard.

Y/n: "Come in!" Y/n said not looking up from his work. However he could tell who it was just by the wolfwhistle Coco did upon seeing him working without a shirt. "How can I help you Coco?"

Coco: "Straight to business I see. Well Yatsu just got word of a B-Rank Dungeon having appeared near Beacon. Ozpin wants us to clear it but we are lacking most of our higher rank members."

Y/n: "You want me to join in the clearing of that Dungeon. Sure, but if the boss drops a material I want it." The archer shrugged.

Coco: "Not like we could use it. Sure I am certain Yatsu would be fine with that deal. You remember the town from the initiation? Come there in an hour, a party of ours will wait there."

Y/n: "You not coming?" Y/n asked confused.

Coco: "Not much help in a Dungeon, most skills are better used outside." Coco explained. "We already had a scout go inside, you know get a first impression and all. It looked to be mostly narrow pathways, possibly a maze or something, didn't let our dude go past the first crossway."

Y/n: "Ok, good thing it wasn't a Trap Dungeon. Do you always send someone in first?" He asked, remembering his time in a Trap Dungeon, not wishing anyone the same fate.

Coco: "Our scout is the best of his kind, dude can get out of even Trap Dungeons using his skills."

Y/n: "Very well. I will go get prepared." Y/n got up and walked past Coco, earning a slap on his butt. "Better watch were you touch." Y/n threatened jokingly.

Coco: "Or what?" The archer asked in a challenging way. Well two could play that game and suddenly she found herself stuck between a wall and Y/n, quiet literally a rock and a hard place.

Y/n: "Or I might not be able to hold myself back." A fake cough shook the two out of the small situation.

Velvet: "A-am I interrupting s-something?" The bunny asked shyly, her face a crimson red.

Y/n: "Nope, just joking around with Coco here. I will be off to a dungeon, mind preparing my rations?" Velvet beamed at that.

Velvet: "Of course not! The usual amount?" Y/n nodded.

Coco: "What is the 'usual' amount?" Coco asked confused.

Y/n: "Enough to last a month."

Coco: "Why the hell would you carry that much food with you?!"

Y/n: "I got stuck in a Trap Dungeon with little to no food, never again will I risk that." That had set a sudden end to the conversation as Y/n left right after. The hour quickly passed and Y/n made sure to be early at the town where his journey to become a Hero officially had begun. He heard footsteps approaching and soon a group of 5 stood in front of him. He saw 1 Tank, a Cleric, a Geomancer, a Rogue and a Wizard, Y/n already knew from before the initiation. The tank stepped forth and introduced himself and his group.

Mauer: "Stein Mauer. The Cleric is Livi Grigio, the Geomancer is Galsa Eg, the Rogue is Bura Kuku and the Wiza-"

Charson: "He knows my name already." The wizard said angrily, crossing his arms with a huff. "Why do we even need that classless loser? We should be able to clear the dungeon on our own."