Chapter 35

To say that it was strange to fight one enemy while a far more dangerous one is waiting somewhere behind you, would be an understatement. Y/n found himself making sure Salem still sat on the throne, she created for herself , watching him. He was ready to switch to fighting her should she so much as get up from her seat.

By now his companions must have reached a save area and, from what Y/n could only guess, must have started clearing the Undead heading his way.

Salem, much to her credit, stayed true to her words, she did not move from her seat, merely watching Y/n kill her 'subjects' one by one. She found herself intrigued. Someone actually standing up against her was a rare occasion, the number of which she can count on one hand, but someone who does so three times, each time showing less and less fear, piqued her interest.

Turning his gaze back at the enemy in front of him, Y/n saw that he made considerable progress already. In the mountain of Undead a clear canyon had been carved by Y/n. Much to his surprise only the occasional Undead broke loose from the sides. Keeping count of the seconds that had passed Y/n knew that he was running out of time and no matter what he did he knew that fighting Salem will lead to his, and shortly after his companions, death. Chopping his way further and further into the mass of Undead he went over every possible move he could take to get out of this situation.

Just like the first Trap Dungeon he was stuck in quiet the mess. The way out locked behind a powerful creature that can easily kill him. However unlike the first Trap Dungeon he did not have the extreme luck of encountering a similarly powerful ally to aid him in his battle.

Seeing the light of the Undead Leader coming ever closer Y/n had an epiphany.

Y/n: "Hey Salem?" He asked getting a short hum as answer showing the woman was listening. "Have you ever encountered some other human in a dungeon?"

Salem: "Not anyone that survived the encounter." She said. Y/n began to smile as he finally saw the long brown hair of the Undead Leader.

Y/n: "So you haven't seen this yet?" Grabbing the hair of the Undead Leader Y/n pulled her free from her hiding spot and turned towards Salem. "Stick that hourglass where the sun never shines, you crazy bitch." Y/n said smuggly as he cut the Undead Leaders head clean off. Right as he did everything around him crumbled away to leave nothing. Last thing he heard before he was completely enveloped in darkness was Salem roar in anger.

His back hit the soft grass as he smiled towards the sky, the crumbling door he and his companions entered through was at the edge of his vision.

Qrow: "Damn Kiddo, did not expect you to kill the boss on your own." Y/n began to chuckle and then broke out into full blown laughter.

Y/n: "Fucking dungeons can go get it. For the next month I will stay in school and spent my freetime forging." Sitting up Y/n realized that nearly no time must have passed since they entered the Dungeon. All around them all the people that were there then they entered still were in the same spots as before. 

Feeling something in his hands Y/n looked and saw an intrecately decorated cross made out of strange metal. Activating his One-eyed skill Y/n took a better look at the boss drop.

Grimmetal Cross
Type: Material
Rank: S

Aurorius: "The Dungeon has been cleared." The man said in awe. "You Soldiers, bring the coins!" The king ordered a pair of random soldiers who rushed off to retrieve the reward money. "Were you able to make any discoveries?"

Y/n: "Salem resides in the Realm of Dungeons." Y/n said. A few moments later the two soldiers came back, each one of them carried two heavy looking leather bags with them.