Chapter 44

The sound of thundering hooves echoed all around the caravan of the Beacon students returning back to school. Their asignment had been finished, their camp packed up and now they were heading back. Only one student was missing. The source of the sound that made the rest of the student body shake in fear.

Y/n Schwarz had been allowed to act as pre-emptive defense. Not a second later Sleipnir had appeared and the boy rode off at speeds previously unheard of. In his wake he left clouds of death. His rumbling laughter accompanied by wolves howling would occasionally be muted out by the pained howls of Grimm.

Many students, who remembered the once timid twig of a boy, wondered how said boy had become a force of nature. A Hero who was rising in strength day by day. Soon not even the older students could dare hold a candle to him.

May those who cross him rest in peace.

As he rushed through the forests of Vale Y/n ordered Sleipnir to stop. Something felt off. Fenrir stopped next to his master and sniffed the air, he too took a more cautious stance, growling towards the forest. A few tense seconds passed and the feeling of danger vanished as suddenly as it had arrived. Listening closely Y/n could not hear a single thing that was out of place.

The tight grasp on Grimm-Splitters handle did not waver.

Y/n: "Come out." Y/n ordered. "You can hide your killing intent all you want. I know you are there. Make this easy for me." The flapping of clothing could be heard shortly before Y/n found himself surrounded by 20 people all cloaked in grey cloaks.

Grey Cloak: "You are surrounded, oh rival of the Queen." Y/n gave Sleipnir a pat on the head before getting off of his back, the horse vanishing back into his shadow. Looking around he saw they there all armed, a wide range of weaponry, only 5 had bows with 4 more holding crossbows. Looking at his wolf companion Y/n gave a nod.

Y/n: "All I am surrounded by-" Y/n began as Fenrir returned to his shadow- "is Fear and dead men."

A few of the cloaked people took a step back. Some were shaking in their boots. The leader was frozen as he stared the boy into his eye. What he saw terrified him.

 What he saw terrified him

In an instant Y/n was upon the two idiots with crossbows that stood too close to eachother. Before their dead bodies could even hit the ground 3 more had fallen victim to the Hero-in-training. A sick rush began to build in Y/ns chest, his heart beat growing faster, his skin felt warmer with each passing second.

Dodging an arrow he threw his axe while blocking an axe strike. The neck of the last attacker was snapped like a twig before the dead body was thrown at two approaching foes with swords. Y/n skid past a piercing attack of a spear, grabbed the haft, snapped it and used the broken weapon to kill the previous owner.

The blood of his enemies was already flowing down his face in rivers. But he smiled. His teeth growing bloody from the crimson liqiuid running down his face.