Chapter 4: New members

The three members of the newly formed Hunters guild were currently in the Emerald Forest right behind their Guildhall. They have been going around killing Canis for hours now and decided to take a break, so they sat down in the shade and started chatting.

Y/n: "So let me get this straight, your father, who is a Martial Artist was first married to Yangs mother, who left after Yangs birth, and than remarried Rubys mother, who died when Ruby was 5?" the two sister nodded sadly. "Well damn, sorry for you loss. I bet Rubys mother is proud of you two and will be waiting for you in Valhalla untill you meet again."

Ruby: "What is this Valhalla place?" Yang nodded.

Yang: "Yeah I mean it does sound interesting but I have no idea why you would call our Guildhall like that." Y/n gave a small smile and rubbed the back of his head a bit nervously.

Y/n: "Well you see, my family is one of the few that believes in the norse legends. Legends that tell of gods, the nine realms, connect via the world tree Yggdrasil and the twilight of those gods and the destruction of the nine realms in the events of Ragnarök." The two sisters listened with great interest making Y/n smile. "Valhalla is the name of the great hall in Odins, the All-Father aka the head god, palace in Asgard, the realm of the gods. All those who die an honorable death will be brought to this hall to feast with the gods and their ancestors. These warriors will stay there till they are called back to Midgard, the realm of the humans, in the events of Ragnarök to fight alongside the living against the dead who died a cowards death. For people who believe in those legends its the goal to die in an honorable death if they have to die, either by dying in battle or in a heroic act, so they will be brought to Valhalla."

Yang: "So you decided to name our Guildhall after the hall of heroes?" Y/n gave a chuckle and nodded.

Y/n: "Sure did." Y/n glanced towards the sky and saw the sun was starting to set. "We should head back for today. I would recommend staying in your dorm for the time being, seeing that there are no beds in the guildhall yet." Ruby looked at Y/n a bit worried.

Ruby: "Where will you sleep if there are no beds?" She asked.

Y/n: "Let me show you." Black smoke started coming out of Y/n as his shadow started growing and growing, taking the shape of a giant wolf. "Girls, let me introduce to you, Fenrir, the great wolf of the norse legends and eater of sun and moon." The enormous wolf stared at the two girls who were frozen in fear before giving a feral grin.

Fenrir: "I see that my master made a good choice in you." The wolf growled out.

Ruby: "H-hello mr. Fenrir, I-I am Ruby and t-this is my sister Y-yang." Ruby stuttered out.

Yang: "Since when did you have a familiar?"

Y/n: "Since I finished the dungeon. Fenrir is the reason I beat it and he decided to become my familiar. Back to the problem at hand. Fenrir, would you mind serving as my bed for the night?" Y/n asked politely.

Fenrir: "Of course not, after all you are my master." Fenrir lowered his head in a kind of bow.

Y/n: "I still feel wierd being called master by a son of a god and one of the bringers of Ragnarök." Y/n mumbled before climbing on Fenrirs back and holding out his hand to help the girls up. They happily joined him on the giant wolfs back. "Ok Fenrir, lets give them a ride they will never forget." Fenrir looked at Y/n and gave a smirk. Without a warning the wolf ran as fast as he could, Y/n held on to his fur while Yang nearly crushed his lungs with her grip and Ruby was sailing through the air like a flag, hanging on to her sister. Five minutes later they reached their destination and Fenrir came to a stop.

Yang: "Never again am I going to ride on this beasts back. Heck a 10 horse carriage would look like a snail compared to him." She said while fixing her hair, Ruby was still holding on to her but nodded in aggreement.