Chapter 8: Valhallas guest

Y/n quickly got up and walked towards the stranger, who looked around confused.

Woman: "Ehm, excuse m-me where am I?" she asked, her voice raspy.

Y/n: "In the remains of Valhalla. Who are you?"

Summer: "S-summer Rose." Y/n eyes widened, Yangs and Rubys missing mother stood infront of him. "D-do you have food? Or water?" She pleaded.

Y/n: "Im sorry but I dont... unless." He began to concentrate, deeply focusing on his summoning power. He was not sure if he can will a summon to appear, as all the previous times the summons appeared on their own without Y/n wishing for it. He focused and focused as his shadow began to warp and twist, making Summer taking a step away on instinct. A few minutes past as Y/ns shadow began to take form into a big ball of a twirling black mass. It suddenly split into two smaller balls which burst open to reveal two animals, a female goat and a male boar. Both looked at Y/n, who had opened his eyes as he felt the balls burst open, and bowed. Y/n knew who they were, for there were only one goat and one boar that lived in Valhalla, Heidrun, the goat that produces endless mead from her udders ,and Sährimnir, the boar that would be the feast for all the warriors of Valhalla.

Heidrun: "How ma-ay we serve Ma-aster?" The goat bleat out.

Y/n: "Im sorry but I need food and drink for my guest, please forgive me for this." Y/n looked at Sährimnir in particular at that.

Sährimnir: "Not worry, is ok." The boar said in a deep and rasp voice before it teared off his own back leg, shadows quickly enveloping the wound and reforming into a new limb in the blink of an eye, Y/n felt his energy getting drained and even more as he began to milk the mead from Heidruns udder, filling it in to a drinking horn he managed to creat from shadows.

Y/n: "Thank you friends, you may rest now." The two animals bowed again before vanishing back into Y/ns shadow. "Here miss Rose." He held out the horn and the boar shank. Summer grabbed it and gingerly took a bite and a testing sip before quickly scarfing down finishing with a very unladylike burp.

Summer: "Thank you so much, you cant believe how hungry I was. I must have been traveling for atleast a month." Y/n rose an eyebrow in confusion.

Y/n: "When did you leave your family?" Summer looked at Y/n in shock.

Summer: "How do you know about them?" She asked.

Y/n: "Please answer the question." Summer put a finger on her chin and began to think.

Summer: "Hmm... I am not sure but if I had to guess, a month or two ago , why is that important?" Y/ns eyes hardned.

Y/n: "It has been over ten years since you went missing." He said and Summer dropped the drinking horn. She looked at Y/n with wide eyes.

Summer: "N-no, it cant have been so long, I swear it was just a month or two." she said panicked.

Y/n: "What do you remember before you reached the door of Valhalla?"

Summer: "I was on a quest to investigate a rumor about a strange building appearing in Atlas. It took me a week till I reached it and as I went to knock on the door, which looked just like the ones I just came through, I... I was sucked in. Everything went white, I looked around but there was nothing. I felt this strange feeling that called for me to walk into a specific direction, I walked and walked. Months later I finally reached the building once again, this time the doors opened and here I am and there you were. That is all. Please tell me what happened to my family are they ok?" she pleaded.

Y/n: "They miss you greatly, they have been living with your death for 10 years, Ruby and Yang are at Beacon, they are my friends and members of my guild."