Chapter 7: Discovery

Y/n sat in the empty bedroom adjacent to the equally empty guildmasters office. He leaned against the wall opposite side of the door way and just stared.

Y/n: "Things will get alot worse now." he said to his summons who all appeared, the two birds on his shoulders and the wolf layed next to him with its head in its masters lap.

Fenrir: "By tooth and claw you earned your place and by tooth and claw we will defend it." the now dog sized wolf growled out.

Y/n: "On days like these I think I should have rather stayed home and helped my family."

Huginn: "Do you regret your decisions?~"

Y/n: "I am not sure." Y/n answered while patting the wolf who happily wagged its tail. "I wish I knew what the Norns have carved for me." Y/n mumbled. Suddenly he heard the door being kicked open followed by an familiar voice.

Yang: "HEY BOSS! GET DOWN HERE AND HELP WITH THE STUFF!" he heard the brawler shout. As he reached the main hall he spotted a familiar girl, looking around timidly.

Y/n: "Velvet? What are you doing here?" The girl in question looked at Y/n and her eyes widened before she quickly tackled him into a hug.

Velvet: "Sir Schwarz, I am so glad to see you again." She said happily after having let go of the boy.

Y/n: "Glad to see you doing well Velvet but why are you here?"

Ruby: "We saw her about to get robbed so we stepped in and helped her. On the question on where she lives she looked very sad so we decided to bring her here." Y/n looked at Velvet who looked at the ground sadly.

Velvet: "A group of m-men destroyed the tavern." She said.

Y/n: "What?" The anger in his voice made everyone take a step back.

Yang: "Calm down boss."  After a few deep breaths  Y/n had calmed down.

Y/n: "How is Slate?"

Velvet: "He is uninjured but he had to sell what was left of the tavern and he decided to head back to Mistral."

Y/n: "So you are basically homeless?" Velvet nodded sadly. "How about you join my guild as a housekeeper? I can pay you and you will be allowed to stay in one of the rooms, you will have to help with cleaning, cooking and maybe organisation of some things." Velvet perked up and looked at Y/n.

Velvet: "Are you sure you want to have me?"

Yang: "Why not? Gods know how hard it will be to keep this house clean so why not hire a helper?"

Ruby: "Yeah, it will increase our guild fee by 2 Gold but that is not so bad."

Velvet: "WHAT 2 GOLD! No I cant cause you such troubles, I just cant." she said nervously. She turned to leave but Y/n grabbed her shoulder and took something out of one of the pouches bound to his belt. It was a platinum colored amulet with an "S" carved into both sides and what looks to be the signiture of the Headmaster of Beacon. The three girls' eyes widened and their mouths were open in awe. (Info on Rank-Amulets added to info chapter.)

Yang: "No way."

Y/n: "While you were gone I decided to ask the Headmaster to do my Ranking Exam early. As you can see I was given the S-Rank so the Hunters Guild is automatically considered a B to A-Rank Guild. Quests will soon come in and with them will come rewards. 2 Gold might sound alot for a worker but for a guild it is nothing. So Velvet do you want to join or not?"

Velvet: "Thanks for having me Master Schwarz. "She bowed.

Ruby: "Welcome to the Hunters Guild!" Ruby cheered.