Chapter 20

Y/n: "My Mother told me, someday I would buy a galley with good oars, sail to distant shores. Stand up on the prow, noble bark I steer. Steady course to the haven, hew many foemen, hew many foemen." Y/n happily sang while working in his forge. He had missed working in the heat of a forge. The sounds of metal being hammered into shape was something he always found relaxing. "My mother told me, someday I would buy a galley with good oars, sail to distant shores. Stand up on the prow, noble bark I steer. Steady course to the haven. Hew many foemen, hew many foemen." It was the song his father used to help him get into the rythm for working the bellows. The blade he was working on was nearly done and soon only required the grind. A knock stopped Y/n. "Come in!" The door to his workshop opened and Renji came in.

Renji: "Mister Schwarz, a student would like to speak to you." The assistant said.

Y/n: "Send him in." Y/n answered not looking away from his work. A few seconds pass and the mentioned student came in. She was a rather beautiful looking girl, long blue hair with piercing saphire blue eyes. "Not to be rude, but I have to finish this so I hope you don't mind me not looking at you while we talk."

Girl: "No problem. I am Saffy Meer, a third year, a friend of mine told me a newby climbed the ranks in record time and I wanted to see said boy in person."

Y/n: "Well I hope I live up to the expectations. Can I help you with anything else?"

Saffy: "I want to challenge you to a duel."

Y/n: "Is this a fight for fun or?"

Saffy: "Nope, I want your ranking." She said sounding rather full of herself.

Y/n: "I am not sure if I can give it to you just like that." Came the answer as Y/n went to the grindstone.

Saffy: "Oh you can, when you beat someone with their rank on the line you will get their place in the ranking while they will be dropped down to the losers rank." Y/n hummed in acknowledgement.

Y/n: "And if I were to win, what would I get?" He could not see the girl but he heard her come closer and soon two pale arms wrapped around his chest and he could feel something soft pushing against his back. "Sorry but not interested." He quickly said.

Saffy: "You did not even have a taste yet but you already denied." She said in a teasing mannor.

Y/n: "Yep, now if you could please back off." She sighed but did what she was asked. "I could need someone to advertise my shop among the third and fourth years. Ok, If I win you will go around and tell everyone in your year about my store." Y/n said finally turning to look at the girl, holding his hand out to seal the deal.

Saffy: "Sure, not that you have any chance to win." Said the Beast Tamer. "See you tomorrow after school in Arena 3. And prepare to kiss my boots." She left and Y/n continued his work.

Fenrir: "Should we tell her that you have the king of Serpents and of Wolves as your summons?" Y/n only chuckled.

Y/n: "A Beast Tamer, how interesting..." Checking his work, Y/n was satisfied with the blades sharpness and so he went to the workbench were a prepared handle, pommel and guard already waited to be combined with the blade. "Now one last check." The runes around his empty eyesocket began to glow and the information of the Blade appeared.

Name: ...
Type: Broadsword
Rank: C

Y/n: "Still no level up for that skill." He sighed. "Ah whatever." Y/n put the sword with the other weapons he made, most of them were orders from other students, the rest he made to have some in stock if needed. "How about we go on a hunt Fen?" The shadow wolf appeared and wagged his tail happily. "Renji! I will be off for today, if someone comes for an order they are all marked with the name of the one that put down the order."