Chapter 33

Life in the Dungeons is complicated. Just like Dungeons themself, the life inside of them can vary drastically to one another.

Y/n already faced a Trap Dungeon before. In that one, the day never ended. There was no sun and all was shrouded in a cloak of dim light. The only living things were the Grimm and water was limited.

All in all that Dungeon was a hostile enviorment, even without the Grimm.

But this Dungeon was different. Sure it was of a way higher Rank to the one before so differences where expected. However so far only the Grimm were making life hard.

Around the entire city, which acording to Huginn and Muninn was atleast 50 times the size of Vale, wells filled with safely drinkable water were around every fifth group of buildings. Near those well there are market stalls filled with food. Apples, cherries, fish, bread and meat, all as fresh as the day they were brought into the city.

One of the biggest things special about this Dungeon was the passing of time. While there was a day-night-cycle it seemed to repeat normally at first, but on the third day the first signs were found. Everyone knows that fresh fish can not stay like that after three days. On the fifth day it became even clearer. All the fish in all the market stalls the group found was perfectly fresh and edible.

Thanks to both Y/ns One-Eyed skill, which can show the freshness of something edible, and Lavendar's Identify Poison spell, it was proven that food does not spoil or atleast spoils far, far slower.

Not that food or drink would become a problem anytime soon. Y/ns summons had that covered, if you are fine with being a little bit drunk at all times that is.

However just how endless the rations seemed so were the Grimm. Even the Saintess herself has already slain a few hundred Grimm. Qrow and Y/n have done what every boy will do at some point in time when stuck in such a situation. They turned it into a competition on who can slay more Grimm.

Sadly Y/ns summons did not count so he couldnt just summon his Drengr and let them win the competition for him.

On the seventh day Huginn finally spotted something that could be the Boss room. It was a giant church a few kilometers to the east of their current position and so they began making their way towards their goal.

Y/n: "How much time do you guys think has passed on the outside?" Y/n asked while cleaving another Undead apart. He had lost the hesitation he first had upon seeing the humanlike creatures long ago.

Lavendar: "It is impossible to tell Sir Schwarz." The boy sighed as he ripped out his axe from the skull of the girl size Undead he just killed. It still felt off killing these Grimm. They were too human like. They saw men, women, children of all ages, both faunus and humans alike. The Grimm looked like those the four had sworn to protect and so they all felt like they had failed.

Y/n: "You know after the ploy of being accused of murdering the King's son I really wished to have some down time." None of this companions looked at him, but he noticed the subtle hints of them listening to what he had to say. "Is being a S-Rank Hero always so... restless? Ever since I got this rank I was jumping from Quest to Quest and if not I somehow still manage to get my freetime taken away from me. My root must be one of the biggest there is."

Qrow: "Your what now?"

Y/n: "Every persons past, present and future are constantly carved into the roots of Yggdrasil by the norns. They see what happened, happens and will happen and make sure it is written down. The moment the runes are carved into the World Tree the fate has been sealed."

Cobaltinia: "Then wouldn't having a big root mean that your life will be long?"

Y/n: "That or it will be filled to the brim with events interesting enough for them to need to be carved. It does not matter, once we are out of here I will take at least a month off of doing Quests. Not that I need the money anyway." It was true, while the others did not care for the few dropped Copper Lien each Undead left behind, Y/n made sure to collect them whenever possible.