Chapter 21

The first half of the first year at Beacon has passed, many students were preparing to go home for the holidays and to visit their families. Among these students were most of the members of the Hunters Guild, the only exceptions being Blake, who did not want to even mention her family up to this point in time, Nora, Ren and Oscar, who all had no family to return to and so they decided to stay at Beacon, and Velvet, who wanted to stay to make sure everything is prepared for when the others will be back. Weiss, who had the longest journey ahead of her already left the day before after receiving permission from the headmaster. Phyrra was the next that had left, followed by Ruby, Yang and Summer. Both Jaune and Y/n learned that they were not all too far away from Beacon and so they took their time preparing their journey.

Velvet: "Are you sure it is a good idea to be traveling all on your own?" The bunny Faunus asked her guildmaster, who was currently busy tying his shoelaces.

Y/n: "For the fifth time Vel, yes I am sure and I still have my summons with me." Y/n said. Once he was done he picked up his weapons and the bag filled with the things he was going to need on his travels. "I will be back in a week, Renji knows that I will be gone and he will tell everyone, that could try to reach me, to wait for my return. Goodbye guys!" With that Y/ns journey back home had begun. Thanks to Sleipnir Y/n reached his first stop quickly. One of Vales many gates that lead through the gigantic walls built around the city. The queue of people waiting to pass through the gate was huge, but it paled in comparision to the one of the people wishing to enter the town. Luckly Y/n was a ranked Hero, a high ranking even, meaning that he can skip most if not all of the check-ups and such. Walking towards the nearest guard Y/n heared some of the chatter that was going on in the crowd.

Man: "Have you heard about the murders in the north? They say the corpses looked like they were ripped apart by hoards of Grimm." Y/n heard.

Guard: "Can I help you?" His attention turned to the guard he had approached.

Y/n: "Yes, I am a Hero on my way to Hull." Y/n pulled out his amulet and showed it to the guard, who took a glance at it and quickly saluted.

Guard: "Please follow me Sir!" The man said before leading Y/n to the gate, where the guard told the once stationed there who Y/n was and so Y/n was led through. "Safe travels Sir!" Y/n waved and summoned Sleipnir once more, before riding off. He knew that even with Sleipnirs incredible speed it will take at least 2 days till he reaches Hull.

Y/n: "Hugin, Munin, please keep an eye open for potential ambushes." The two birds appeared on his shoulder before nodding and taking flight. "Tell me if you get tired Sleip."

Sleipnir: "Will do master!"

The first day went by quickly with only the occasional Grimm. As night came Y/n had set up camp. It was not the safest thing to do, but he does not really have much of a choice nor does it really matter seeing that his summons can keep watch for him while he was sleeping.

The sun was rising and Y/n was back on track towards Hull. Something was off though, he remembered how the roads would always be rather lively, many merchants, either heading to or from Vale, would use this road. But ever since he had left Vale he had yet to acounter a single person.  This stayed like that all the way until he reached the natural barrier that were the mountain range called the Shield Wall. Hull, the small village once was the last outpost of the first norse that arrived on Sanus from all the way of the most northern parts of Solitas. The mountains were steep, with ragged cliffs and rocks sticking out, promising a gruesome death for everyone unlucky enough to slip and fall. Luckily the norse knew the dangers and so they carved their way through the mountain, allowing them to use the mountain as a natural wall with the man maid cave doubeling as a gateway.