Chapter 10: Duels

Y/n woke up to the sound of someone clearing their throat. Groggily he opened his eyes to see an angry looking Summer, her hands on her hips with a angry pout that reminded him of Ruby.

Summer: "Mind telling me what you did last night mister?" she asked in a voice Y/n knew from his mother when she was not happy about something he or his siblings did.

Y/n: "Good morning to you too Summer." Y/n said before yawning and standing up, the blanket somebody placed over him falling off to his feet. He quickly felt several stares on him coming from his female guildmates. "Eyes are up here ladies."

Yang: "I have made my choice." She said proudly as she continued staring at Y/ns midriff. "Damn you could grind a blade on those."

Y/n: "You cant, I tested it."

Ruby: "What?"

Y/n: "What?"

Phyrra: "What do you mean you tested it?"

Y/n: "I tested what my high Resistance could do so I used a dull dagger and tried to grind it on my abs."

Summer: "You are joking right?"

Y/n: "Of course Im joking, why would I do that?" Y/n said with an eye roll as Summer realized what he did.

Summer: "Oh no you will not get out of this that easily, answer the question young man."

Y/n: "I stayed up and did some forging. If you can wait a moment I can go and get the things I made for you and your daughter." Y/n didnt leave her time to answer as he walked off, a sad noice came from Yang. A few moments later Y/n was back with Red Death and Summer Serpent. "Now first something I promised Ruby." The Reaper looked at the scythe with big eyes. "Her name is Red Death, its blade is made out of iron infused with the rock the Elder Grimmling dropped, very resistent yet surprisingly light, the handle is made out of the antlers and has magic runes engraved into it. Those Runes are enchanting the weapon to be extremely sharp, very light and very durable. I cant tell the exact stats only that it is atleast B-Rank, you should go and get it appraised."

Ruby: "T-this..." She carefully grabbed the weapon and admired the design. "Thank you..." Ruby said with a small sniffle.

Y/n: "Hey I promised you to make a scythe for you, dont go break it too fast ok?" Ruby nodded and Y/n stepped towards Summer. "Now for the thing I made for you Summer there is a small catch attached."

Summer: "What is it?"

Y/n: "I will accept you as my sworn sword. "Y/n said while presenting the arm ring. "In my believes arm rings like these were considered the biggest sign of loyalty, an oath sworn on one of these has the highest value, next to an oath sworn on once weapon, and shall never be broken. Do you understand what that means?"

Summer: "Yes." Gingerly she grabbed the arm ring and put it on her right arm.

Y/n: "Do you swear your loyalty to me?" kneeling down Summer nodded. "Raise the arm with the ring on it, present it to me and hold your other hand to it." Summer did what Y/n said. "Do you swear on your ring?"

Summer: "I swear."

Y/n: "Than rise Summer Rose." Summer got up, a smile on her face. "Let me tell you more about the ring. It is a rather simple iron ring, it resembles the serpent Jormungundr, it too is enchanted with runes, as long as you wear this arm ring, fate itself can be altered by you."

Summer: "What does that mean?"

Y/n: "Basically you have higher luck." Y/n said with a shrugg.

Ren: "Are you planning to make rings for us too master?"