Chapter 14: What is going on?

Y/n was pacing back and forth in the office of the headmaster, who sat at his desk and watched the boy, ocasionally taking a sip from his mug.

Ozpin: "I see why you are so agitated Mister Schwarz. If your theory is indeed true we will have to act quickly." The headmaster said calmly.

Y/n: "Than send me out to investigate." Y/n shot back finally taking a seat.

Ozpin: "I fear that I can't do that. While being a S-Rank hero in training, you are still only a first year."

Y/n: "Sir with all due respect something is going on on Patch, something bad! First Mister Xiao Long acts completely differently than his family is used to, than Oscars family gets randomly attacked by Grimm, not just that but the animals too? This can't go ignored." Y/n objected.

Ozpin: "And it wo-" The Arch-Sage was interrupted by a bodyless voice echoing through the room.

Voice: "Ozpin! I hope this message reaches your office, I pray I didn't mess up. Patch... something bad is happening. Everyone is acting soo... different. I watched an old lady beat up her granddaughter, a dog suddenly began tearing apart its owner, the animals of the forest are attacking the villages. We need help!" The voice vanished and Y/n looked at the headmaster.

Ozpin: "Permission to investigate Patch granted. Prepare your guild, I will open a portal to patch immediately. This will be your guildmembers first quest and ranking exam." Ozpin said grimly and Y/n nodded before rushing off.

Soon he reached his guildhall.

Y/n: "ALL HUNTERS GET READY! WE HAVE A QUEST!" Y/n shouted and the sounds of running were heard coming from upstairs soon everyone was standing around Y/n all having their weapons ready. "We are to invenstigate the strange happenings on the island of Patch. People and animals have been reported to have shown very agressive behavior, be ready to have to fight. This is your guys ranking exam. Summer and I will be making sure you get out of their alive. Summer you stay with JNPR I will go with RWBY. RWBY you and I take the north of the island, JNPR the south. Questions?" Everyone shook their head. "Ok I will get my gear." He went to his room.

Velvet: "Oscar and I will make sure to keep the guildhall in one piece." Velvet said.

Summer: "Ok listen girls." Summer said adressing her daughters. "This is your first official quest. Please stay safe and rely on your teammates, if you feel like it is to dangerous let Y/n handle it ok?" The two nodded determined. A few seconds later Y/n arrived axe and shield in hand, bow on his back and hair bound to a warriors braid.

Y/n: "Do not fear death, for your time of dying has already been carved into the roots of Yggdrasil. Fight bravely and stay alive." The few words managed to hype the group up a bit. Leading his friends outside they saw Ozpin stand nearby holding his cane. Nodding towards the Sage, Y/n turned to his friends raising his axe to the sky. "Today you will take the next step to become heroes, the skalds will sing songs of your victory so lets give them some good material! Til Valhall!"

Hunters: "O-HA!"

Y/n: "TIL VALHALL!" Y/n shouted again.

Hunters: "O-HA!!" Came the answer. The portal opened and Y/n was the first to go through, the rest following shortly.

Y/n: "Ok split up, we look for any potential reason for the people and animals to go mad. In three days we will meet at the market square in Signal." The two groups were formed and Y/n summoned Fenrir who quickly grew big enough to allow for five people to sit on his back.

Yang: "Oh no. No no no I will not get on that hellish beast again." Yang object as the other girls and Y/n already sat on Fenrirs back. All it took was for Y/n to look at her with a slight glare to tell Yang that it was not up for debate. Grumbling angrily she got on Fenrirs back who howled before running off to the north end of Patch all the while Yang was shouting curses.