Chapter 2: Problems

One month passed since the day Y/n offically became a hero-in-training. In that time things didnt go all to well for the boy with the locked class. The best farming spots were quickly taken and over run by other students and so Y/n was forced to take the less effective farming methode of combing through the forest for low enough grimm, this caused a quick decrease in Y/ns savings leaving him with the bare minimum he managed to scrape together, which he had to use for his spot in the dormitories and for food. Other students didnt really have that problems, most of them formed groups to farm more efficently and save money by sharing private dorms, Y/n tried to do the same but both Jaune and Ren declined and noone else even bothered to listen to him in the first place. And so Y/n was the last person to still stay in the public dormitory. He was stuck in a loop. Everytime he tried to farm money he had to take higher risks, resulting in injuries that prevent him from farming more, making him lose money. Y/n tried to find a party to join, but everyone declined the moment they saw his class. Over the month his leather armor became filled with holes he could only patch with some scraps of cloth, he ran out of arrows, making him have to resort to using his dagger, which slowly but surely became dull from all the fighting and the lack of care.

After another month Y/n was left with no choice but going to Beacons auction house and sell his bow and his dagger. He entered and nearly was run over by an excited Ruby. She stopped and looked at Y/n her smile turning into a frown as she saw the state he was in. Y/n became sickly thin because he had to skip meals to save money, he cant afford going to miss Granite to get healed so he had to resort to bandaging himself and letting time heal his wounds.

Ruby: "H-hey Y/n. H-how are you?" She asked concerned, flinching at the sadness she could see in his eyes.

Y/n: "Horrible." Was the only answer she recieved before Y/n walked towards the nearest free counter.

Worker: "Good day sir, what can I help you with?" Y/n said nothing and placed the dagger and his bow on the counter.

Y/n: "I need to sell these I take whatever I can get." The worker took a look at the two weapons and started writing something on a piece of paper.

Worker: "I can give you 7 SL for the dagger the bow unfortunately is nearly worthless maximum I can give you is 2 CL." The worker explained.

Y/n: "Do you have some cheap daggers or swords?" The worker turned towards a fellow worker and asked him. A second later the second worker came back with very cheap looking iron sword, it was cracked and rusty. "How much?" Y/n said sadly.

Worker: "3 CL." Y/n nodded and took it from the worker.

Y/n: "I take it." The worker handed Y/n his coins and Y/n walked away, past Ruby who watched the exchange. She quickly ran after Y/n and slowed down to walk next to him.

Ruby: "Why did you sell you weapons?" She asked confused.

Y/n: "Had to." She frowned at his short answer.

Ruby: "You dont look so great is everything ok?"

Y/n: "Im broke, the money I just got will be used to pay for another week at the dormitories and some bread." Y/n explained.

Ruby: "If you want I could borrow you s-" She was interrupted by someone shouting her name.

Yang: "RUBY! How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from this classless loser?!" Y/n didnt even give her the satisfaction of looking hurt by her words, these kind of phrases became normal for him and he was happy that it wasnt some rotten fruit that was thrown at him this time.

Ruby: "But Yang, look at him, he needs help." The younger of the two sisters whined.

Yang: "I dont care, lets go and get started with the farming." Yang grabbed Rubys hand and dragged her away. Leaving Y/n alone as a few tears started streaming down his face. He was at his breaking point, he didnt want to be the loser everyone makes him to be, but what can he do if he cant even afford to stay at Beacon. Slowly and with a broken look he went into the forest hoping to find a decent spot to farm. He clutched his necklace and looked towards the sky.