Chapter 36

Spending the good part of a week to reconnect with his friends and Guildmembers, going to classes and over all enjoying his time away from Quests and Dungeons, Y/n realized something. He had not really spent much time with his friends ever since he got his rank. So he made sure to spent as much time with them as possible.

Even the promised date with Yang happened. Although from what he could gather it was rather special, different in a way. Instead of going to Vale and to enjoy their time at a tavern or in a park, the two went into the Emerald Forrest and sparred. Y/n had no idea how romance actually is supposed to work, but he thought sparring together helps form a deeper connection. Yang didnt mind at all. She loved it even. Back at Signal everyone always tried to sway her, either with presents or flowers. She found it too boring, too classical. Instead she rather have a good fight, one where she can go all out and just enjoy herself, Y/n was happy to deliver.

Of course Y/n did not really to try hard to keep up with Yang while he also let nearly all his summons, except the Einherjer of course, get some freedom by letting them hunt around in the woods around them.

Catching Yangs punch Y/n pulled her closer and chuckled.

Y/n: "If we lived in the time of my ancestors you would make a great Shield-Maiden. Strength as if blessed by Thor himself and a beauty akin to Freya herself. Brighter as the Sun and fiercer as any she-wolf." Yang blushed at that and looked away.

Yang: "Are you sure your class isnt Bard and you are just hiding it from us?" She mumbled.

Y/n: "Yep!" He smiled. Y/n glanced towards something to the side and looked confused. "Do you need anything Blake?" Yang let go of his hand and turned to look towards where he was looking, seeing the Faunus Assassin walk towards them.

Blake: "I've grew tired of Ruby explaining the difference between a dagger and a knive to me."

Yang: "So you decided to ruin my date?" There was a certain edge to her words as she glared at the black haired girl.

Blake: "It was not my intention, I merely looked for a quiet place to read."

Y/n: "I doubt a tree in the middle of a Grimm infested forrest is said place." Y/n pointed out. Blake sighed angrily.

Blake: "Fine! I was hoping to spent some time with you Y/n, even if I have to share it with Yang." She then pointed at Y/n. "You owe me for saving your life back at initiation and I came to collect the debt." Showing the book she brought with her she threw it at Y/n, who quickly caught it and looked inside for its title. "Read that to me."

Yang: "You ruin my date with Y/n for some bedtime story?"

Y/n: "Yang." Y/n began making her turn towards him looking mad. "I owe her my life, just as much as I owe you this date. Would you be ok with me reading you a this story?" A few seconds passed as Yang thought about it.

Yang: "Only if you do it without a shirt on."

Y/n: "That can be arranged." Yang looked quiet proud at her idea and went to sit down next to Blake, both girls clearly enjoying the view of a topless Y/n. Every nook and cranny was observed, every scar and tatoo memorized. Y/n opened the book and began to read. "As he first fell upon the earth below, he knew not where he was. Unfamiliar was the place surrounding him. Trees as old as his fathers father if not older stood where moments before were the walls of his room. The ceiling he had stared at before sleep overtook him was replaced by a bright blue sky. Night had become day. His bed gone, only the soft green grass below lending him comfort. Fear filled his mind and weighted heavily on his stomach. His gaze wondered around the clearing, hoping it would give him answers. Instead only more questions arouse. A strange door stood behind him in the middle of the clearing. Walking closer he found no handle, nor any way of opening the door. No matter how hard he pushed on either side of it, the door, made from a mysterious black stone, decorated by words written in an unknown language, would not budge, would not move."