Chapter 5: Hunters vs Dungeon

Y/n: "Is everyone ready?" Y/n asked looking at his guildmembers.

Ruby: "Lets do this!"

Yang: "Yeah lets show those Grimm who they are messing with!" The two sisters were very excited.

Y/n: "Does everyone remember their roles?"

Phyrra: "Jaune and I will be the tanks." Y/n nodded.

Yang: "Nora and I will be the heavy hitters." The two fist bumbed.

Ruby: "Ren and I will be guarding their backs and keep Weiss and you save."

Weiss: "You and me will deal with the grimm from afar." she didnt sound happy about that making Y/n sigh.

Y/n: "Ok get ready. We dont know what will come through that door. Weiss drop the wall." The mage did so and the ice vanished. Everyone was ready for whatever it might be that comes through the open doorway, yet nothing came. "Lets go. Yang and Ren take a torch." The two grabbed a torch each and lit it at the fireplace.

Soon the group found itself traveling through an underground cave network with the occasional group of Grimmlings. While walking through the seemingly endless tunnels Y/n made sure to mark the path they came from so that they will be able to find their way back out. Hours went by and slowly everyone was getting exhausted.

Yang just bashed in the head of a Grimmling as one managed to get the jump on her. The small beast clawed at her back while she tried to get it off of her, to no avail. The thwip sound of an arrow echoed through the cave and the beast vanished into smoke. A concerned looking Y/n rushed next to the grounded Yang.

Y/n: "Are you alright?" he asked worried. Yang looked at him and for a few seconds just stared into his black eyes. She never noticed it before but Y/n eye color had to be the darkest black she ever saw, but more interesting were the small blue flame like structures that seem to fend of the darkness of the iris from the pupil. "Yang, are you ok?" She realized that she was staring and a small blush formed on her cheeks, lucky for her the little light from the slowly dying torches helped her hide it.

Yang: "Y-yeah, sorry, I got cocky at the end there." She said shrugging it off.

Ren: "I would recommend heading back, the torches wont last for long." the monk stated. Y/n looked at him and saw he was right.

Y/n: "Ok lets head back and continue after classes tomorrow." Y/n turned back to look at the still downed Yang quickly averted her eyes away from Y/n. "Can you stand?" he asked in a worried tone. Yang nodded and got back up from the ground, picking up the torch she dropped. "Ok everyone change in formation. Phyrra ,you and me take the back, Ruby stay with us. We three will keep our backs save. Weiss you and Yang are in the middle, with Ren, Jaune and Nora taking the lead." Yang looked a bit confused.

Yang: "Why am I taking the middle instead of you?" she asked with an eyebrow risen.

Y/n: "You just got jumped by a Grimmling and you layed on the ground just starring of into nothing for quiet the long time. I will not take the risk of you getting hurt again."

Ruby: "Yeah Yang you never lost focus like that. Just relax and let Y/n take your place."

Phyrra: "I mean he was able to beat you in a hand to hand fight. His strength must be quite high." Weiss looked at Y/n intrigued.

Weiss: "Say Y/n. How high IS your strength? I mean it cant be that high, your lack of class should lead to an decreased amount of statpoints gained each level up." she said in a snobby tone which made Fenrir snarl in Y/n head and Y/n grew a tick mark.