Chapter 38

The ex-Lady of Shell looked at Y/n, her eyes full of rage. That was until Y/n turned towards her and spoke.

Y/n: "While it is not the best thing to admit, I have no idea how to lead and govern a piece of land. Additionally I am still a student, Guildmaster and Beacons Blacksmith, meaning my time is limited. How about you become my Skald?" The woman looked at Y/n, clearly confused. "Think of a Skald as something akin to a Viscount. You will still govern over North Valand as if nothing happened, untill I finish my studies at Beacon. Do you agree?"

The proud lady hesitated but after a few seconds of thought she kneeled down and bowed her head low. With a smile Y/n pulled off the simple iron ring around his biceps.

Y/n: "For now this will be your armring, even if it is too wide for you. Wear it proud as it shows your connection to me." Lady Feros took the ring. "Do you swear on your name and the ring to serve me well? To serve the people of North Valand well?"

Feros: "Yes Sir Schwarz."

Y/n: "Then say it."

Feros: "I , Eise Feros, swear upon my name and my ring to serve Y/n Schwarz and the people of North Valand as best as I can."

Out of Y/ns hand came a thick cloud of black and blue smoke, slight glimmers of gold were visible. The smoke formed around the armring and made it so it would fit snuggly around Eises arm. Next the smoke formed a kind of chain between Y/n and Eise. Once the chain was fully formed it dissappeared entirely.

Y/n: "What was that?" Y/n asked confused.

Aurorius: "That was the 'Oath' Skill taking effect. Every Noble-Class has Oath, which allows them to gain servants and such. The person swearing the oath will feel compelled not to break their promise. It is not forcing them to fullfill their promises just... well they will feel bad if the oath was intentionally broken by them."

Y/n: "How interesting. Lady Eise you may leave." The lady bowed her head and left without a word. "I guess it is now my time to swear an oath. May I do so as my traditions demand?"

Aurorius: "Of course." Y/n went to his knees and focused. Jormungandr formed into an axe while Sleipnir took the shape of an armring.

Y/n: "I, Y/n Nachtson, swear upon the name granted to me at birth, upon my axe and my armring, my loyalty will be as unending as the ocean and as strong as the freezing cold of Atlas. Till the day the Valcyries come to fetch me I will serve you, King Aurorius." As Y/n finished the oath a golden light came out of Aurorius and went towards Y/n. It circled around his left hand and formed into a golden ring. At the same time the light formed a golden chain between the two. Like before the chain dissappeared and so did the ring. The boy rose to his feet and went to grab his cup. "Now that the serious part is over how about we celebrate! Skål!" Y/n said raising his cup and downing the rest of the wine that it was filled with. The music once again started and the party continued. "Headmaster Ozpin, tell me, do you know what Skill Soldiers and Heroes always have? Because now I know that Workers have 'Workers Life' while Nobles have 'Oath'."

Ozpin: "Well Heroes do not have a Skill they all share, but there is one a lot of Heroes I've met had. It is called 'Heroic Spirit' and it makes them feel an urge to fight Grimm and protect others. All born Soldiers have the Skill 'Sense of Duty' which helps them keep formations and follow commands."

Y/n: "Interesting." A maid came and refilled Y/ns cup. Y/n thanked her and took a sip. "Say what happened to the girl that murdered your son?"

Aurorius: "She has not said a single word to anyone. We belive she is mute. Whatever it might be she will me executed in a few days." Execution was a common way to deal with criminals, at least in Vale.