Chapter 16

A/n: I have stopped doing chapter titles.

Day has arrived and the Hunters Guild is now the third day on Patch, investigating the strange behaviour of its People and wildlife. The group found a clue in the form of a strange building right at the center of the island. A building that, as it turned out, was completely surrounded by animals and people under the strange influence of whatever was going on. It left the group with no choice but fighting their way through the masses, all the while making sure not to kill the people.

Yang: "Hey boss how are you holding up?" Yang shouted after knocking out a woman.

Y/n: "I'm fine. I just have a bad feeling about what's about to happen." Y/n admitted. "Lets just focus back on getting thr- DOWN!" Y/n screamed as he tackled Yang to the ground. Something soared over the two right after before the pojectile crashed through two people, a tree and even a rock.

 Yang: "Thanks boss." Yang said shakingly as she saw the destruction the thing caused.

???: "I must say I am impressed, it has been years since someone was able to dodge my attack." Y/n looked towards the female voice and saw a woman in plate armor holding her hand out. Y/n eyes widened as he saw the outstrechted hand and quickly rolled to the side, dodging the returning object. "Twice in a row. You are a threat to my masters plans." The object finally revealed itself as a spear, it looked rather plain but on second glance one was able to see the symbols carved into the spear. They were not norse runes that is for sure.

Y/n: "So your master is the one that is causing all of THIS?!" Y/n asked angrily as he motioned towards the mass of knocked out people and animals.

???: "That he is, Master Merlots research will finally bear fruits and you Heroes will not stop him from reaching his goal!" The woman, a Lancer, got into a battle stance. Y/n followed suit.

Y/n: "May I atleast know the name of my opponent?" Y/n asked.

Lapis: "Its Lapis, thats all you will get, boy!" She dashed fowards forcing Y/n to block the attack.

Y/n: "Everyone deal with Merlot!" They nodded and rushed towards the building. Lapis swirled around to throw her spear after the group, a bright light enveloping it. Y/n reacted quickly and got between Lapis and his friends catching the spear. He grunted in pain as he felt the hand, he chaught the spear with, getting burned. The pain got too strong and Y/n dropped the spear, it instantly flew back to Lapis. "This fight is you against me while my friends take down your boss." Y/n growled out, black tuffs of smoke coming out of his hair as his eyes slowly began to glow blue.

Lapis: "Master Merlot will have no problem dealing with those brats. You on the other hand will have to die now." Y/n smirked.

Y/n: "Let me try something. RANGNARÖK!" Y/ns scream echoed other the forrest as the ground shook from the strength behind the shout. Smoke spewed out of Y/n as Fenrir howled and Jormungandr hissed.

Lapis: "Nice party trick spell." Lapis joked before aiming her spear at the only thing she can still see of Y/n, his blue glowing eyes. However as she threw the spear into the smoke it just vanished before coming back at least twice as fast. She was forced to cover her eyes as the smoke exploded outwards. As it finally disappated Y/n stood next to a giant Fenrir and Jormungandr, in his hands the raven daggers. His eyes burned brightly as he focused on Lapis. In the blink of an eye he was upon her and forced her on the defense as swipes and stabs hit her all over. Jumping back she hoped to be away from danger but a snake coiling around her proved her wrong. She screamed as she was being crushed but luckily for her she noticed her spear and called it back, stabbing it into Jormungandr, who hissed and unintentionally loosened his hold on her enabling her to escape.