Chapter 31

One by one the Grimm invading Vale were turned to dust. The Heroes from Beacon had arrived and were able to begin the slaying of Grimm as quick as possible. They only stopped as Y/ns new summon, or better yet summons, arrived. Together with the shadowy warriors more and more Grimm were killed.

However it was only a matter of time when all the weak Grimm were dead and only the strong ones survived. Nevermores swarmed the air, Alpha Beowolves led their packs through the streets and the ground shook from the foot steps of a herd of Goliaths, giant elephant looking Grimm.

One such Goliath was quickly running towards a building it felt a bunch of fear coming from. Cries of children and the tries of their mother could be heard coming from the house the giant beast was ready to trample into ruins.

Five meters before the Goliath could destroy the building it suddenly stopped dead in its tracks. Not out of free will however.

Y/n: "Sorry it took me so long." Y/n said to his comrades who tried to reach the beast. Yang smirked before turning to her sister.

Yang: "He got it from here, lets go and help the civilians out." With a smile Y/n ripped out the Goliaths tusks before ramming them through the Grimms eyes, killing it on the spot. From his Shadow Fenrir appeared.

Y/n: "Go have some fun." Y/n gave his summon the go ahead and watched the giant wolf crush the skull of a nearby Alpha Beowolf. Grabbing his axe Y/n went towards the herd of Goliaths whos Herd Mother looked at him with worry. "I should thank you for getting me out of that party." In an instant Y/n stood on one of the giant Goliaths tusks. "But destroying Vale was not the best idea." The head of the beast disintegrated before it even hit the floor. Spinning in the air Y/n landed in between two Goliaths, with a quick slash the first's throat was cut followed by the front legs of the second. It did not take the rest of herd long to join the fight and it was even shorter before their dust joined the rest of their bretheren. "It feels so good to fight again." Grabbing Gjallarhorn Y/n blew into it and from the shadows surrounding him the previously summoned warriors emerged and kneeled down. "Ready your bows Drengr." Y/n said. Following his orders the warriors all dropped their weapons and a bow appeared in their stead. "Aim. FIRE!" A volley of arrows was let loose and as a result the a few dust clouds formed in the sky where once Nevermores flew. "Continue firing. Hugin? How many Stat Points do I have?"

Hugin: "178 Master.~"

Y/n: "Put them all into strength." His entire body felt as if on fire as the change took place. The pain of all his muscles bursting, regenerating and bursting again, over and over again surged through him. A few seconds later Y/n let out the breath he was holding and looked towards the sky. The leader of the flock of Nevermores and him locked eyes for a moment before the beast began its descent. Getting ready to jump Y/n bend his knees lightly and then jumped. He and the Nevermore met halfway in the sky much to the birds surprise, but Y/ns ascent was not over yet and so he grabbed the beast by the throat and forced its head towards the sky. With a swing Y/n ended on the birds back and readied his axe only to stop as he noticed a man having landed right next to him.

Y/n / Man: "How did you get up here?" They asked the other at the same time. "And who are you?" Once again they spoke in unison. The Grimm below their feet tried to shake them off.

Y/n: "Talk after we land?"

Man: "Sure kiddo." The man grabbed his scythe and Y/n readied his axe. "You take its head, I take the wings." Nodding the two parted ways and went to attack the bird. It did not take long for the Nevermore to die and Y/n and the man looked at eachother before jumping off the bird and towards the next Nevermore of the flock.

Together with the ground troops the Nevermores were killed one by one and soon Y/n was back on the ground, surrounded by all the summons he called upon.