The Hootenanny

"You're gonna . . . you're gonna have to . . . go back soon, " Violet's words constantly interrupt by Moo's lips on hers.

"I'll be fine," he said while two still made out.

Moo had been hanging out with Violet all day including half the night he spent in her room. Of course Violet had no problem at all with it but it was the fact that Storm would start to grow more suspicious of him not coming to bed like he should and would eventually put the puzzle pieces together.

The two soon pulled away trailing a thin line of saliva between them. Moo touched her cheek giggling sheepishly at Violet's ruby red face.

"Still get nervous around me?" he asked jokingly but Violet thought he was serious.

"N-n-no!" she blurted making Moo chuckle, "It's just that I still get this awkward feeling knowing I'm making out with my best friend."

He burst out laughing at that, "I know, I still kinda get weirded out by it too."

She frowned, "But. . . we're not best friends anymore, are we?"

"Of course we still are," he reassured her lying beside her, "We're both a couple and best friends."

"We can do that?"

Honestly, he didn't really know.

"Um, I guess, I dunno," he shrugged.

Violet couldn't believe how innocent the two still were, she guessed since the two never really were taught about relationships they were just going by on what they assumed.

Either way, Violet didn't want to give up that special childhood bond they had replacing it with a relationship, she wanted it to be a way for the two to keep both their bond and their romance for each other; she really did hate change.

"Well, I think we can make it work," Violet smiled as he smiled back.

"I think we can."

She brushed some of his dreads to the back of his ear as he yawned softly blinking tiredly.

"Someone's sleepy," she giggled.

"I'll say," he yawned again, "I've been hunting, setting up the traps, and lookout duty, I think I've done my fair share for the day."

"It's really good to see you getting out more," she touched his cheek, "But please don't over-work yourself thinking you to prove anything. If I trust you they can trust you too."

"I guess," he got up from the bed stretching his arms with another yawn, "Let me get going, I don't want Storm worrying again," he rolled his eyes, "Plus, I'll never hear the end of it."

"Hate that you have to go so soon," she pouted, "Just make sure you'll be the first to wake me, okay?"

He lowered to her level placing a kiss on her lips, "I will just don't wait too long, sunshine, I'm not really a morning person either."

She chuckled, "Oh, I'm aware."

As she laid down she sadly watched him leave then turned to Blossom making sure she was alright. To her relief, she remained asleep following with her soft little snore.

She got up getting dressed for bed by pulling off all her shirts leaving her in her bra then slipped on some sports shorts, she never liked putting on too many clothes to bed anyway. She went over to Blossom's crib tucking her in then kissed her hand placing it on Blossom's forehead since she couldn't reach her from the crib.

"Goodnight, Blossie, I love you" she whispered.

She then got back in the bed wrapping herself in her thick blanket slowly drifting off to sleep.

By morning, the beaming morning sun had woken Moo, that and Smokey on top of him constantly licking his face.