Don't Eat the Dinner

It was finally the day, the day to leave for the invasion, the day to save their people.

Ashley had already sent troops to leave early and make camp near the area where they were supposed to come in while he and the others ran through positions for going inside where ever they may be. Izzy and Sophie made sure to aim for going to the basement where Marisol, Cobra, Victoria, and Violet may be held captive while Storm and Ashley go for the medical house where Moo was most likely was. Ashley made sure that most of the soldiers had walkie-talkies to take with them for him to give the signal for the invasion to distract the enemy.

"And if all else fails, at least we died trying," he chirped giving an encouraging smile that only made Izzy and Coyote clapping and cheering while Sophie having an uneasy frown and Storm just glaring daggers at her cousin at the comment.

Storm and Sophie had stopped by Roxanna's one last time before they were about to go to check on Blossom and drop off Smokey.

Onnie sat in the living room petting the wolf as his large head rested in the boy's small lap while Storm talked with his aunt.

"I'm not really sure what else Violet gives her besides milk," she shrugged, "I would suggest baby if she eats it until we get her mother back."

Roxanna smiled slightly showing some of her rigid teeth, her faded wrinkles becoming unnoticeable, "Don't worry, I'll figure something out," she reassured her patting Blossom's back, "you know she's safe with me."

Storm sighed through her nose, "I hope so."

When Sophie walked in she stood beside Storm gently squeezing her shoulder, "You ready to go?" she asked shyly.

She turned the redhead and nodded, "Ready if you are."

Roxanna tapped her shoulder, "If you don't mind me asking, who did you put in charge while you guys are gone?"

"It was first Ashley, but he wanted to come with so . . ." Storm told her then gave her aunt an uneasy look, " . . . um, would you be upset if I said . . . um . . . Aunt Ema's in charge . . . ?"

She winced at her aunt's expected expression, "Are you kidding me?" she spat, "out of everyone else you guys chose that nut case?"

"I know you and mom would be the last person you'd choose, but you have to admit she's really smart with strategy," Sophie insisted making Roxanna scoff.

"And she's nothing like Cat so there you go," Storm added with a sarcastic smile.

"One, I think this is very nepotistic," Roxanna informed them nodding as she made a good point, "and two, you know how she is, she's immature, irresponsible, and just lives off her own paranoia rather than common sense!"

"I know, I know, but it's only temporary until we get back," Sophie tried to reassure her, "just try to help her out by at least undoing some of Cat's damage."

"Maybe help her in general," Storm grumbled.

Roxanna rolled her eyes sighing in defeat, "Fine, but I might be the one making all of the decisions, or else this town will run all over her."

Sophie smiled, "That's good enough for us."

Storm went on to hug her aunt as she hugged back kissing her on the cheek, "Make sure all of you come back in one piece."

"We won't, Aunt Rockie, I'll make sure I won't run into a bear," Storm laughed weakly as Roxanna was nowhere near amused at the joke.

She quickly turned to Onnie giving him a hug as he hugged her back tightly in return, "Please make sure they're alright," he spoke quietly, "I hope Moo made it."