Family Reunion

Marisol shivered heavily as she curled herself up in a corner while laying on the cold floor. She didn't know how long she's been there, it was always dark with no windows or no signs of the outside. All she knew that she was still stuck in this hell hole.

All she kept thinking about was the town and her kids, Sapphire especially. She prayed that she was still safe with Catalina and no one getting to her. As for Violet, she started to regret so much for even letting Matthew go with her. She now felt like that she wasn't safe at all being around him. Cutting off a man's head was already a red flag right there.

The boy had anger issues that was for sure.

Some of them would even involve having someone's limb broken. But no matter what Marisol still keeps him around. She just wished that he was still the same sweet, caring, innocent boy she knew back then.

She saw a light slowly coming from the door. Marisol sighed thinking it was only Miguel again wanting to talk to her or something. But the silhouette was more of a feminine figure holding a plate. She walked downstairs her head turned to her direction turning on her flashlight.

"Mary?" the voice called, "I brought you lunch."

When turned on the flashlight Marisol glared at the sight of Nicóle walking up to her bringing her food. She turned her head away not even wanting to look at her.

"Where's Miguel?" she asked harshly, "he brings my shit, not you."

Nicóle sighed, "I know you're still mad at me and Ivy, but trying to avoid me isn't gonna be an easy thing for you to do when you're stuck here."

She put the plate of a large piece of chicken breast and some broccoli in front her while she just pushed it away.

"I want someone else to bring my food, make sure to tell him that next time."

"I can't tell him anything, he'll just get mad at me and tell me to shut the fuck up and do my job."

Marisol snorted, "Well now, he doesn't seem like the nicest person to you now does he?"

Nicóle rolled her eyes, "Look if you're just gonna sit there and taunt me all day I'm not in the mood for it. So just be quiet eat your food and we can go out with our lives."

"My life was taken away from me when I was brought here, dumbass!" she snarled, "after everything I've done for you and Ivy and this is how I'm repaid? By fucking betraying me?!"

"I had no other choice!" Nicóle shot back, "people already treated me like I was a traitor already because of Miguel. What was I supposed to do? Stay there and endure that life?"

"People were the least of your problems, I treated you like everyone else, I never treated you like an outsider."

She turned her head away, "The damage's done anyway. I'm not happy here, I wasn't happy there. I'm not happy anywhere."

"You forgot you're not welcome there either."

"I don't deserve to be back there anyway. I hurt my brothers, my mamá, and even myself. Ivy doesn't give a damn though, she's treated like a princesa here, she doesn't care about our family at all."

She got up heading back upstairs before looking back at Marisol with a sorrowful expression with Marisol's face softening.

"I overheard Miguel talking about why you're doing this. I thank you for it even though he doesn't deserve it."

She frowned, "He's still part of the town, and I wouldn't want to break Victoria's heart. She lost him once, I didn't want her to lose him again."

"I know," she sighed, "but remember this, what you're harboring is a beast that can't control himself. I would hate for him to live here with Miguel and ruin him more. He's smart but he can be pretty naïve, even when he was little. I'm not saying turn him in but you have to do what is best for the town, yourself, and mamá before anyone else gets hurt."