Charlottesville

Dusk began to fall as the three still rode on the highway. Just a couple more miles and Storm and Moo would be home free. As Moo drove, he looked up in the rearview mirror and saw Storm resting her elbow on top of the door looking out to open with an upset look.

Moo sighed, "Hey, I know you're upset with me about me cutting that dude's head."

"That's not it," she mumbled making Moo raise a brow in confusion.

"Oh? Then what is it? Talk to me."

Storm sat up glancing seriously towards him, "I'm scared, Matias."

"Of what?"

"You."

He widened his eyes in disbelief, "What are you talking about?"

"Your behavior... you changed."

"I'm still the same," Moo scoffed.

"You've changed, Matias! This attitude could really get in the way of your self conscious, you... you could really get someone hurt."

"Like who?" he asked curiously.

Storm knew exactly who but chose not to say it out loud.

"Someone you love," she simply said instead.

He pursed his lips, "Well, if you mean like people close to me, yeah, but honestly, I don't care who it is if I feel like it's the only resort I have."

Please let Violet be one of those close people, Storm thought desperately, and me.

-

Violet started to wake up and found out that the kart stopped. She looked around and saw Moo still sitting in the driver's seat staring at the big metal gate that was marked with the red painting of a dead rose in front of them.

"Where are we?" she asked tiredly rubbing her eyes, "Why'd we stop?"

"'Cause we're finally here," Moo announced getting out the kart.

"What?!!" Violet exclaimed looking around again rapidly, "Why didn't anybody wake me when we were halfway there?!"

"My bad."

Storm got out along with him following behind, "Stay here."

Violet groaned crossing her arms sitting back. She saw Moo look up at a watchtower.

"Hey!!" he called out, "It's Moo and Storm, we're back with a survivor, open up!"

After that, out popped up a long brown-haired man looking down as he adjusted his glasses.

"Oh, Moo! You're back already? You guys were quick."

Moo rolled his eyes, "Yes, yes, I know Cash, just open up the gates for us!"

He nodded and called out for someone to open the gates. After a couple of minutes, it began to slowly open. Violet stared in awe as the community still had some buildings intact but were probably used for other purposes, and the bright street shined down on the cement path from the entrance.

From here, it was as bad as she thought it would be. In fact, it was almost the complete opposite.

Moo and Storm hopped back in starting to drive onto the road. As Moo drove, Violet couldn't help but look around seeing the lit-up buildings, people walking around carrying crates of goods, and kids playing from the side without giving a care in the world.

This place was absolutely... perfect.

"Why don't we give Violet a tour around here?" Storm insisted.

Moo snorted, "Storm, she used to live here, she probably knows this place like the back of her head."