Can do

The night seemed pretty calm over Ericson's School for Troubled Youth, for the past week it's been stormy weather making hunting and lookouts more difficult. A couple people wandered in the courtyard with most staying inside just wanting to go to sleep. Though the night was still young almost everyone was too stressed and tired to do anything else.

Violet was one of those people.

She laid tiredly on her back with her one year daughter, Blossom on her chest. Violet was trying to put her to sleep but ended up being too tired and just waited until she fell asleep.

"Mama?" she cooed looking at her mother curiously and nervousness with her faded emerald eyes seeing Violet's eyes slowly closing before they shot back open.

Violet chuckled drowsily stroking her long chestnut hair, "Mama's fine, Blossie, now can you do mama a favor and go to sleep?"

Instead Blossom giggled some snuggling closer onto Violet. Violet just smiled softly placing an arm around her daughter. She just prayed that she would go to sleep soon so she can get some rest herself.

She scanned the room making sure that everything was good before she closed her eyes. Her main focus was the door being locked which it was and the curtains closed all the way. Violet had taken her privacy much more seriously after she had Blossom, she had to make sure that she and herself were safe. She usually stayed up half the night to watch over her daughter but sleep seem to succumb over her quickly because of the weather.

Blossom soon fell asleep following with a little snore. Violet held her closer her heavy eyelids wanting to close but seem to remain open. It was always like this after the incident, her body wanted to rest but she wanted to stay up not wanting the bad memories to drown her head tonight including the good ones from the people she loved and lost.

She couldn't think about that right now, she couldn't cry in front of her daughter, making her wake up and worry.

Just a little while longer, I can't do it tonight.

So she remained awake as she was so ready to rest rubbing her daughter's back singing quietly to herself

"Violet," a girl called quietly nudging a sleeping Violet.

Violet groaned at the call as she rolled to her side burying her face under her pillows.

"Come on Violet we gotta go fishing today."

"Go away Vivian," she groaned as her voice muffled through the pillows, "I'm so damn tired."

"Vi, you do this every day! Please, please, pleaaase, get! Up!" the girl pleaded with more anger in her tone.

"I like it when you get mad," Violet snickered making Vivian even angrier.

She sighed heavily then thought of something making her plant a little smirk as she got a little closer to the bed, "Fine Violet, I'll just tell Clem why we didn't get that much fish today. I bet she'll get a kick outta that."

Violet threw the pillows off her head and quickly got up facing Vivian in the face as she still had a smirk placed on her face. She knew what the consequences were if Clem found that she was slacking on the job. She glared at her as her smirk grew wider and taking humor at Violet's seriousness.

"You better fucking not," she growled in a low tone.

"Well you're up now Vi, there's no point of snitching. So let's get to work!"

She rolled her eyes then pushed Vivian out of her way grabbing her jean jacket before heading out. Vivian had put on her blue hoodie and her pocket knife for gutting the fish for when they came back. She opened the door for Violet as she gave her a wide grin and Violet then shooting Vivian a bird before making her way out the door.