A Coyote's Wail

It was close to dawn when Louis and Izzy walked beside each other to go ahead and set the traps early. Clementine stayed behind with their babies and wasn't going to wake up any time soon, so he picked his sister to tag along while she was awake too.

"You slept good, sis?"

Izzy giggled, "Yeah, I just got early because I had to use the bathroom and I just couldn't go back to sleep."

Louis smirked, "You were always the early bird."

When the two got to some of the traps they each went to one trap going ahead to set them up. While they were doing that Izzy continued talking.

"Your girlfriend, Clem was it? She seems cool."

Louis blushed smiling sheepishly, "Yeah, she is, isn't she?"

"She told me how you two met and how long you two been together. Boy, I think you found a keeper."

"I know," Louis gave a thoughtful sigh, "she and the kids mean the world to me."

She turned to him and smiled at the thought of their kids, "They're such sweet angels, especially Luke. He's such a sweetie pie."

Louis scoffed, "I think you like him more because he's not as wild as Hope."

"I love them both!" Izzy whined defensively, "but I think Hope got all her wild genes from you."

"Ha! Please, that's what Clem always said but you see her when she's pissed, now that'll really bring out her wild side."

Izzy looked down and sighed, "You're such a lucky man, Louie, I can't even find the perfect person to start a family with."

"I thought you had options?"

"What options?" she asked confusingly.

"Ya' know, what about Violet's sister?"

"Storm?! I mean nothing's wrong with her it's just that we always thought of each other as good friends, I never had any feelings for her."

He clicked his tongue "Hmm, Moo?"

Izzy snorted before bursting out laughing, "Please, Moo would be the last person on my list."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Uh for one he's also my friend, two, he's like the biggest fuck boy back at home, and three, he's super younger than me!"

"Alright, alright I get it, my sister's picky."

"I am not!" she looked at him offendedly, "look, I think they're both really great attractive people, but they're not my type."

He went over to another trap his smile slowly fading, "Mom and dad would've stayed  happily together if it wasn't for me."

Izzy looked down and sighed, "Don't even think about that, Lou. You didn't know any better."

"But I think about it every day, even more ever since I got with Clem. I know how upset you were over the phone when mom told about how dad might be having an affair."

"I do," she mewed sadly, "not as upset when they sent you away."

"And I deserve it! I made that whole thing up and for what? Piano lessons? I'm so damn selfish."

"And you were only ten!" she argued, "I had to wait during the summer when I was outta college just to see you. To be honest, I thought they'll never let you go no matter what you did."

She looked down as Louis put his hand over her shoulder, "They loved you just as much, I hope you know that."

"Easy for you to say. They spoiled your ass off while they kept pushing me to work harder and harder every day just to get into some fancy-dancy college," she rolled her eyes even at the thought of college, "and don't get me started on that fucking place."