The Test

"I won't let you fucking touch him!" she blurted angrily but her words wavered when she saw that his eyes fell on her.

He raised a brow, "What's this? Matéo's favorite mistress speaking to me?"

Her eyes remained on the man but could feel everyone else's eyes burn into her at the statement.

"A fighter, I bet he likes that," he chuckled to himself, "why you're everything he ever wanted, in fact, he even threatened to kill me if anything bad happened to you; you must be some special cookie, my dear."

She blushed at that but she never stopped glaring at the man.

"He doesn't need this shit in the first place," she spat, "he tells me you assholes keep harassing him, and the only reason he even killed one of your people is that one of your people tried to rape my fucking sister!"

Marisol blinked never hearing the actual reasoning on why killed the man, now she felt like such a fool. Even the man seemed to raise a brow at this as if he also never heard the reasoning for Moo's actions.

Then looked down quietly thinking to himself about the assault.

"Hmm," he hummed tapping on the table with his finger, "I might have to rethink something," he murmured to himself."

"How dare you?!" Marisol slammed her arm on the table making the man jump getting his attention, "not only are you sending spies in my town, but they're assaulting my people now? And you had one trying to hurt my kid?!"

"I didn't—!" before he could say anything else he blinked at the part where she said get her kid was going to get hurt and that this blonde is her sister. He started looking at Violet and Marisol side by side before jumping to conclusions but when he did he looked truly surprised from what he observed.

"You didn't tell me you had another daughter, Mary," he cried ecstatically, "I think this one stand out from the others but I see where she got her good looks from; you do learn something new everyday, don't you."

"Err . . . shut up," she growled lowly, "it's none your god damned business anyways."

"We'll see about that," his narrowed at Violet losing almost all her confidence to lash out on him again.

"Just fucking leave," Cobra stepped in not wanting to hear nothing else from him, "and hurt a single hair on his damn head . . ."

"He'll be fine," he sighed apathically getting up from the table, "and hurry your asses up so we can get this shit over with," as he walked to the doorway he stood there with half his face casted into the darkness his lips curled up into a sinister smile, "I'll be looking forward to tonight . . ."

When he walked out the room Violet crossed her arms feeling goosebumps spreading all over her at the chilling grin towards her.

Cobra sighed, "At least we know now the food isn't rigged."

"Sí, Violet, make sure to eat plenty so you can get your strength," Victoria insisted handing her the spoon for the  potatoes.

She shakily grabbed it but remained still. Marisol noticed instantly pulling her into her arms rubbing her back in comfort.

"It's alright, flower," she consoled her softly kissing her forehead, "I won't let that piece of shit even go near you."

Though her mother's words calmed her a little it still didn't relieve the fear the man had put on her. She did know why what being Marisol's daughter had to do with anything, but whatever it was she didn't want anything to do with.

Either way, she hoped this could all end already so she can finally be with Moo happily and never have to see that man again.

Moo spent most of his time buried in the pillows sobbing heavily to himself. The nurses came to check on him every now and then but all he would do was bark at them to leave him alone. He felt like such an idiot, just wanting to punch himself repeatedly for what he did to her.