Mother, Daughter Talk

Violet laid there in the bed stuffed. She never knew Moo's cooking was so good, she was just only going to take a piece of bacon and a spoon full eggs but she just couldn't stop eating it.

She heard some muffling through the door wondering what was going on. Someone was here, she just hoped it wasn't... her. She didn't want to see any more surprises in this town today; yesterday was a mouthful.

Louis having a sister.

Sophie being alive.

Not only finding out her mother was a leader, but also finding out that Sapphire was her little sister.

How many more secret siblings do I have?!

Moments later, she jumped out of her thoughts to a knock at the door. She wondered why, this was Moo's home. She saw him crack open the door a bit then gave a small but nervous smile.

"Hey Vi," he said his voice wavering a little, "someone's here to see you."

She raised a brow, "Who?"

He then opened the door to see her walk in. She widened her eyes backing away as quickly as possible then turned to glare furiously at Moo.

"I told you I didn't want to see her again!" she lashed out making Marisol look away hurt.

"Look, I know you did, but I realized I would be doing the wrong thing if you two don't ever talk out your differences," he explained as Violet's face started to soften a bit, "I know you hate her, but she doesn't. I know."

Violet looked away then sighed, "I guess... but if I want her to leave, she leaves."

He nodded, "That's fine."

Marisol turned to Moo raising her hand as a sign for him to be excused. He nodded again then slowly closed the door behind him.

They were now alone. One of the things Violet wished would've never happened. Marisol walked over to the bed sitting on the far edge wanting to respect her daughter's distance. They sat in silence for a while until Marisol spoke.

"So," she started to say, "it's been a while since we been together like this."

Violet just nodded.

Marisol cleared her throat, "Um, how have you been?"

"Fine."

"That's good, where've you been living at?"

"The school where you abandoned me."

She sighed in frustration, "Violet, I didn't abandon you. You needed help."

"Yeah, the boarding school was the perfect place for that, right?"

"Why can't you understand that I only wanted best for you?"

Violet turned to glare at her mother, "You didn't want me and neither did Dad, he said it himself before you sent me away."

"Your dad says all kinds of fucked up shit and you know it!" she exclaimed angrily, "You try putting up with it for eighteen years! Working three damn jobs just to keep food on the table, having to leave you most of the time with Betsy, I had to do it all by myself!!"

"I don't care what you had to put up with," Violet hissed back, "you could've left, we could've left. But you chose to stay and deal with his shit."

"It wasn't that easy, Violet," she huffed sadly, "it only took a near death experience to finally get the guts to leave the drunk bastard."

"What do you mean?"

"We got into an argument one night while he was in one of his drunken rages until this happened..."

She lifted up both her shirt and jacket revealing a long gash wound on the side of stomach that was dark but stitched all the way through. Violet just stared at it before looking back at her with mostly shock and a small bit of pity.