See you Soon

That morning, Marisol rode in her kart to the rehabilitation center for the sick and elderly. The use of it hasn't changed only that it's one of the only places that were more protected than others. No use in turning it into something else.

She stopped beside the entrance getting out and walking in. When she entered, she was hit with the scent of rotting old people. She didn't mind it though, she was used to it since she loved to visit her grandmother here when she was a teenager. She walked up to the desk with a woman organizing some papers. When she looked up she smiled as Marisol smiled back.

"Mary, I didn't expect you to see you,"
the woman chirped.

"Hey, Samantha, I'm here to visit someone."

"Alright, who's it gonna be, boss lady?"

She inhaled sharply, "Lucas Knight."

Samantha just stared as she hesitated to get his papers, "Oh, um, okay... but are you sure?"

She nodded, "Yeah I'm sure, it won't even take long."

"Okay, he's around in room 435, I advise you to be careful, Mary."

"I'll be fine, Samantha, thank you."

Marisol went through one of the hallways with the four hundreds. She found 435 before she took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"What is it now?!" a groggy voice yelled.

"It's me, Mary."

There was a long pause before the voice called out again, "Come in."

When she stepped in, she saw a long dirty blonde haired man with an untrimmed beard sitting in a chair in front of a TV with tubes in his nose and arms from an IV machine. He turned to look at Marisol giving her a lopsided smile.

"Hey, baby doll," he croaked, "Nice to see ya."

She rolled her eyes, "Lucas, we need to talk."

He pointed over to the chair across from him, "Take a seat."

When she sat down, she saw him pull out a box of cigarettes taking and lighting one up. As he took a puff, Marisol furrowed her brows, he noticed her look and frowned.

"What?"

"I thought you're not supposed to be smoking."

"Mary, I'm gettin' my kidney replaced not my lungs," he blew out more smoke, "did ya' come all the way to bitch me all day."

She glared more menacingly, "No, I came here to tell you about our daughter."

"Ooh! How is she? Tell her she owes her old man another visit."

Marisol looked down to her feet, "No... it's Violet."

His expression saddened, "My flower . . . " he shook his head his face hardening again, "what about her? Came to guilt trip me some more then?"

"She came back."

"What?" he almost jumped out of his chair with a dumbfounded look.

"She came back with Matthew a few days ago."

He looked like he was about to cry, Marisol honestly didn't expect him to act this way.

"My little flower's alive?" he breathed, "c-can I see her, please?"

"I didn't expect you wanted to," Marisol muttered angrily.

"What hell are you talkin' about, that's my fucking daughter, the daughter we thought was dead just like our son?!"