Back from Hell

"Where the hell are they?!" Storm exclaimed impatiently barely hearing her own voice through the crowds.

"Be patient with them," Sophie told her, "One thing I can tell you about Vi is that she hates people as much as Moo."

She rolled her eyes and groaned, "I can see why those two are together."

They continued leisurely walking through crowds getting frustrated by the minute. They expect almost the whole town to come out tonight; Marisol's return must've been a really big deal for them.

They that some were lying on the ground passed out drunk with others stepping over them heading to the city hall for the feast while others stayed and chatted with each other. The building lights were all lit up making the town look like downtown New York City along with the city hall that brightened up the way for the people.

From the opening of the crowds, they saw Marisol on the highest steps making her above everyone else. She easily spotted them giving them a wide grin waving them over. Storm and Sophie smiled back anxiously knowing the first thing she'll ask is the whereabouts of Violet and Moo.

I pray she hopes it's just a coincidence, Sophie begged in her mind making their way to Marisol.

Moo ended leading Violet to the same dark room she saw when they were going to watch the sunrise, out of curiosity, she wondered what was in it he kept it like this.

She followed him out to the balcony where he started taking out a cigarette lighting it up with a match beginning to smoke. Violet didn't if it was a good idea to let him talk about his background if it stressed him out this bad, she didn't want him to harm himself by burning out his lungs because of it.

He took his cigarette out his mouth blowing the remaining smoke leaning down on the rails staring blankly off into the crowds in the distance.

"Moo, are sure you wanna talk about this?" Violet asked concerningly rubbing his back.

He chuckled weakly, "It's alright, it's all in the past, it may not be pretty but it's fine."

She frowned staying close beside him, "Just stop whenever you want to."

He nodded taking a deep breath, "A year after the corpses came mamá became really sick to the point where I was for sure she was going to die. Cobra took care of both me and her but got really stressed about, that's when Augustus and Marisol suggested that I should stay with them," he sighed, "I hated your mom back then not wanting anything to do with her, but I kept my composure. Sometimes I would hear her crying in another room calling for you and Storm while Augustus comforted her. It wasn't easy when she would lash out at me and say stuff like 'stop making me feel bad! I know it was my fault!' or 'Why do you have to remind me of her?!'

"Anyway, I spent a year there until. . . it came."

She furrowed her brows, "What came?"

"The Burning Roses," the name drowned him in fear.

"Who are they?"

He looked down taking another puff of his cigarette, "They were the group that took me and other kids."

Violet gasped, "They were child-snatching assholes too?"

"Yeah, only imagine what you think the Delta's like and multiply it hundreds of times worse."

"I couldn't imagine," she admitted sadly knowing this would be the hard part.

"They took us on this boat with prison cells below and it just so unrealistic. You had kids wailing, people who were sick, and some on the brink of death; they were really desperate.