Smoke and Sunrise

Violet tossed and turned at the cool breeze blowing from the window. But still managed to get sleep. She wanted to sleep forever in this bed, she was almost surprised that Moo didn't make her sleep on the couch just to enjoy the comfort of his own bed. She knew he wouldn't do that though, he's always been the one to be overly generous to the ones he cared about the most.

She thought about how Moo changed a lot when she last saw him. First of all, she never saw Moo being tall before almost like his brother, she thought he was just going to stay short and chubby like his mother. He had gotten many tattoos which were something she never saw him doing, every time he would go to the doctor he would always talk about how big and scary the needles were. It came back to his piercings on top of his right eyebrow, some of the bridge and a ring on the side of his nose. And lastly his looks and figure. She saw that Moo had gotten really built, when they were kids he was a bit on the chubby side always eating those big meals his mother would always cook, now his fat turned into pure muscle. His chubby cheeks had gone away revealing some of his cheekbones she never thought he had. She wondered thoughtfully how he would look with his shirt off.

Overall he's grown to be a pretty attractive guy, she almost began to fantasize about him just pinning her to a wall with his strong muscles overpowering hers as they just—

"Vi," a voice whispered knocking her out of her thought, "Vi, are you up?"

Violet slowly opened her tired eyes seeing a blurry vision of Moo. She furrowed her brows in annoyance wondering why he wanted her up so late.

"Moo, what the hell are doing?"

"I came here to see if you're awake."

She rolled her eyes, "I am now, thanks to you."

"You want me to make breakfast?"

"In the middle of the night?"

"It's almost morning, Vi."

Her face softened with her not knowing anything about the time now and days. Moo lived in a society that still had electricity, she took his word for it.

She jumped as grabbed her hand gently pulling her out of the bed. Wiping the sleep from her eyes her focus was clearer as she looked up at him seeing where he was taking them. She was too tired to even ask and just hope he wasn't leading her to anything bad. He turned back smiling at her as she weakly smiled back.

"I really want you to come and see this," he chuckled still leading her.

Smokey started to walk beside Violet closely worrying about her safety as she was still half asleep. Moo stopped at a tall window in this dark room of his apartment Violet didn't recognize. She regained some consciousness as she backed away while Moo pushed one of the window doors open.

He turned to look at her with concern, "What's wrong?"

"W-what are we doing, Moo?"

He beamed at her, "I thought it was a good idea to watch the sunrise together . . . if that's fine with you."

She blinked at, she had seen a sunrise before. She had always preferred watching the stars at night. Sleeping would always keep her from even doing it.

"Uh . . . y-yeah," she accepted hesitantly, "but where are we gonna watch it?"

Moo laughed, "On the balcony, where else?"

He tugged her again as they both walked on the metal floor. Moo let go of her walking up and leaned on the railing with Smokey sitting beside him. Violet stared at him with an almost unsure look, she didn't know if she should due to her . . . sight. Moo looked back at her then pulled her up to the railing standing beside her.