Real Relationship

Catalina's troops spent day and night scouting around the territory. To this point Catalina was paranoid. She knew Miguel had spies; good ones. That's how she ended up in Miguel's grasp that day when Marisol was taken. So far they found nothing which made her more than furious making her soldiers work as three times harder from what they're usually used to.

Looking from beyond the path from there as she couldn't take her mind of Marisol. It made her sick to her stomach to the thought of what he's doing to her. Or what he's done. . .

She shook her head praying that wasn't the case. Either way, he was going to die once Catalina finally has him in her clutches.

Her eyes fell on Ashley walking up beside her. He forced a smile while she just looked blankly at him waiting for the news he was bringing.

"Anything?" she asked not looking towards him.

He shook his head, "Not a trace."

She turned to him and glared, "Well, keep searching."

His jaw tightened as he couldn't take this anymore.

"This is ridiculous!" he snapped loudly making some of the soldiers close by turn towards them, "we've been out here all day not finding jack shit!"

"I don't give a damn!" Catalina hissed back, "they're out here, you guys aren't looking hard enough."

"We've searched everywhere! And there's been nothing; nothing!"

She narrowed her eyes, "If nothing turns up today then I'll make your asses get up twice as early tomorrow."

"What the hell's wrong with you? You get attacked by some and you just assume that scurrying around here when they already have Aunt Mary."

"I'm trying to keep this town safe!" she growled stepping closer to him, "You know, being responsible? Something your sorry ass wouldn't know," she turned away and scoffed, "so many changes I made to you and you're still being a fucking girl.

He widened his eyes taken aback by his mother's harsh words, "You're so fucking cruel, I'm starting to think grandma was right about you."

"And what's that?"

"That you have no damn heart for me. . ." he spat.

Before Catalina could argue back with him some of the soldiers were walking back up to her with one of them holding a gun to a strange man's head. She pushed Ashley out the way rushing towards him pulling out her own gun.

"Ma'am," one of them spoke, "we found this bastard by the resource center with a gun."

One of the soldiers pushed him down to the ground with him looking back up at Catalina with fear in his eyes as she stared back with a murderous glare.

"Really now?" she paced around him.

"Please! I'm just a rookie," he blurted backing away as far from her as possible, "j-just let me go!"

This time Catalina laughed with the soldiers looking at each other with confusion, "Let you go?! Are you fucking kidding me?!"

Ashley walked up behind her chewing his bottom lip. He knew that this man was working with Miguel too, but he also knew the penalty with there was any suspicion that you're working with him.

She grabbed him by the throat smiling while she watched him trying to gasp for air, "Out of all the spies you are probably the dumbest I've seen."

"M. . .Miguel wants. . .to. . .send the. . .worst. . .first," he tried to make out.