Your Place isn't Here

Something was very bright from over Violet's eyes, something she couldn't explain.

She squinted open a saw a clear vision of trees with lively green over her with the bright beam peaking from different little spaces from them. She sat up groaning then looked back noticing she wasn't lying in a bed but a bed of long fresh green grass that was sprinkled with various colored flowers. She the sounds of birds chirping, watching them fly with the butterflies in different directions.

Where am I . . .? She thought confusingly.

She blinked then gasped noticing that her stab wound was healed and her right eye wasn't permanently blind anymore. In fact, she could see clearly see again and felt her face to notice that she no had the leftover burned scars on her eyes.

She wondered thoughtfully was this all a dream, but for Violet, it felt like this was too real.

She got up looking at all the lively trees from the distance and the beautiful rays of light that shined down over her. As she took a few steps her body feel good again, maybe better than before, starting to explore this place she was put in.

When she walked through the grass she saw others up ahead having a conversation together. She quickly walked up to them curious if they knew anything about this place.

"Hey, do guys know where I am?" she asked tapping one of their shoulders, "I think I'm lost."

They turned to her with bright smiles and kinds eyes. The one that Violet tapped was a brunette with freckles on her chubby cheeks with bright blue eyes. The other was a man who had dirty blonde hair with a bony face structure with deep brown eyes.

"Lost you say?" the brunette asked still smiling.

Violet nodded, "Yeah . . . I was with a boy, dread head, tall, muscular, scar-faced, ring a bell?"

The brunette furrowed her brows in confusion, "Oh, I'm sorry, we haven't seen anyone around here that looks like that."

"But you can go look over to that crowd over there and see if the boy you're looking for fits your bill," the man told her.

Violet groaned, "Alright, thanks anyway."

"No problem," they called out as walked away from them.

When she went to the direction they pointed her to she found a few others talking to each other. She stepped leisurely through the crowd seeing if Moo was anywhere to be found. People greeted her happily wearing the same expressions the other two people had.

She didn't know why or how these people could be so happy in the middle of a forest where walkers could roam here any minute.

Now that she thought about it . . . she has yet to see any walkers come through there.

"What kind of place is this . . .?" she breathed looking around her.

When she came to an end of the crowd she shook her head in disappointment seeing no sign of Moo anywhere.

Did he . . . leave me . . .? The thought made her ill to her stomach at the thought.

She looked and saw two people isolated far distant from the crowd by a small pond. One of the figures stood beside the other who crouching beside the pond.

Violet decided to go up to them to see if they knew anything about seeing Moo. As she got close she stopped squinting at the crouched figure noticing that they were bigger than the other figure and had long fiery long red hair.

"Sophie?" she thought out loud knowing little others with the same hair.

Her arm reached out for her before the figure beside her noticed her and spoke up.