Blow | ضرب

دل نا امید تو نہیں، ناکام ہی تو ہے

.دل نا امید تو نہیں، ناکام ہی تو ہے

لمبی ہے غم کی شام، مگر شام ہی توہے۔

(Dil na ummed to nahi nakam hi tou hai

Lambi hai ghum ki shaam lekin shaam hi tou hai)

The air — moist, sultry, secretive, and far from fresh — felt as if it were being exhaled into one's face. The direct rays of the sun were burning her eyes so much that she had to block the sun with her hands as she was walking towards the car at a fast pace.

"Assalam-u-Alikum", Faryal exclaimed in surprise as she saw Huzaifa sitting on the driving seat and climbed into the car.

"Walikum Assalam" Huzaifa replied with a smile, his eyes hidden behind the dark shades and he started the car.

"I thought Saleem bhai (driver) has come to pick me", She said.

"Saleem bhai is gone out of the city with mom and dad, they might come late at night. You don't know this?", He said with furrowed eyebrows.

Faryal face palmed herself and said, "It slipped out of mind, this week has been insane you know".

"It's okay", He replied understandingly.

"Thank God! midterm exams are finally over, now I'll take much-needed rest.", She heaved a sigh of relief and laid back on the seat.

"How did it go?" He asked.

"Great", She replied.

"That's good, Umm okay so in few more months you are graduating which means you are going to be officially unemployed", He said with the cheekiest smile.

A smile crept across her face. She moved her head towards Huzaifa and said with a pout, " I guess I'm doomed then".

"Hahaha you surely are", he said playfully.

Honk!.. Honk!

The traffic was in full swing, the crowds were swirling in honking cars and bolting bicycles. Although Islamabad is a well-planned and organized city but on Friday dealing with the traffic jam at peak hours is a struggle. 

Huzaifa looked at the digital clock in front of him, which indicated 12:13 pm in large orange numbers. "I can get home on time," he thought as he got out of the traffic jam and was about to reach Durrani's house.

"Zain is at home?" Faryal asked.

"Yup, he is waiting for me. Dad is not at home but we both can go to the Masjid (mosque) together for Namaz-e-Jummah.", He replied.

"Yeah, but you got late because of me", She said.

"Aray na, don't say this. Behn ka farz hai muj pay (It's your right over me)", he said genuinely.