Selfless | بےلوث

(A/N: Greetings from the isolation. Unfortunately, I've added to the COVID count by testing positive. I've harsh symptoms. This chapter is an unedited/rough draft I wrote a few days ago so it might have a lot of mistakes. Moreover, I've been getting messages from some of you to post an update. So here you go. I'll edit it once I feel better. I hope everything is great on your side. Need your prayers.)

"No Zahra, you are mixing it beta", Faryal pouted.

"I'm your Ammi", she pointed towards herself.

"That's your mummy and daddy", she kept her fingers on the picture frame of Zohaib and Ayza's picture which is usually placed on Zohaib's nightstand.

"Come on, it's your turn Zahra. Where is your mummy?", Faryal asked again. Zahra looked at her and then hesitantly placed her finger on Ayza's picture.

"Good", Faryal squealed and clapped for her.

"And where is your daddy?",

Zahra placed her finger on Zohaib's picture this time.

"Ma'Sha'Allah, my baby is very smart. Zahra last question, where is your Ammi?", Faryal asked, she was hopefully looking at Zahra. Zahra smiled and placed her head on Faryal's lap, giving her answer through her actions.

"Mera bacha, Ammi ki jan", Faryal couldn't hold her emotions. Her heart swelled with love seeing her daughter like that. Mahum was silently looking at them.

"Why?", Mahum finally said, furrowing her eyebrows in dismay.

Faryal placed Zahra on her lap and asked "What, why?"

"You are introducing Ayza to her, as her mother? Are you insane or what. What about yourself if she does not accept you in the future", Mahum stated. Faryal was shocked at Mahum's reaction.

"If telling a child about her mother is insane, then I'm happy to be insane", Faryal replied and took a deep breath.

"Don't you think she is too young for all this?", Mahum questioned.

"If you want me to vanish Ayza's existence from Zohaib's and Zahra's life to be accepted by them then I'll prefer to be rejected by them. Mout huq hai hum subko marna hai aik din, Aese tou agr mein abhi mur jaun tou kya Zahra ko muje b bhoolna hoga (Death is an eternal reality if I die does it mean Zahra will have to forget me as well.) I didn't expect such a thing from you Mahum. ", She added sadly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I know my choice of words was wrong. I just got worried about you. If Zahra's mind couldn't take it then what will happen. I just want to see you happy", Mahum justified guiltily.

"She will understand. No matter what happens I have understood Ayza will be forever one of us", Faryal said and kissed Zahra's head.

"I'm really sorry Faryal, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm elder than you still you are far wiser than me", Mahum said and hugged Faryal.

"It's okay, you accepted your fault that's what makes you a better person", Faryal forced a smile on her face.

"I'll go, it's lunchtime, Mera konsa koe shohar hai jiske anay ka intizar karo logo ki tarh (I don't have a husband for whom I should wait like others)", Mahum stated playfully to lighten Faryal's mood.

"Bye", Faryal smiled and looked at the Mahum's retrieving figure.

Faryal moved her eyes towards Zahra and lovingly said, "Zahra, let's practice again".

---------------------------------------