Strangers | اغیار

Phir yun hova keh aik dosray ko takthay rahe,

Woh andaz-e-bayan say qasir,

mein lafz-e-ibtida say aajiz.

DURRANI HOUSE:

"Faryal bibi (Ma'am) give me your luggage so I can keep it in the car", Saleem bhai (house help) said.

"Saleem bhai please take these two bags", Faryal said, pointing towards the bags laid on the floor.

It's been a week since they got married but Zohaib is still avoiding her like a plaque. He leaves the house in the morning without breakfast and comes back home late at night, the only time when she could see Zahra for few minutes, that too from a distance. The thing which was hurting her the most was that he was not only avoiding her, but also trying to keep her away from Zahra.

She started going to university as there was no point to sit at home for nothing. She also stayed at Khan villa for a night two days back. Baba jan and Amma jan looked tense after seeing her alone and kept asking her constantly about Zohaib and his behaviour. Meesha used to call her frequently to ask about her well-being. Faryal tried hard to make them believe that there was nothing to worry but deep down she had also realized that she was unable to convince them. 

Today the Durranis are leaving for Lahore. Dada jan and Dadi jan could not attend their wedding due to uncontrollable circumstances so they have decided to give a reception in Lahore. She has already met Taya abu and Tayi ami (Zohaib's Uncle and his wife), Maham and Usman (their cousins) in the wedding. 

They are supposed to leave the Durrani house after offering Namaz-e-Jummah. 

They will stay next 10 days in Lahore. Mom has taken off from her NGO, Dad, and Huzaifa will manage the work of their company through phone and e-mails, Zain and Faryal took leave from their institutes, and Zohaib after a lot of insistence agreed to take off from the hospital.

Faryal came downstairs and walked towards the place where Zain and Huzaifa were standing.

"What do think how should I greet them", She asked them.

"To greet whom?". Huzaifa furrowed his eyebrow. " Come on Faryal you are still nervous to meet them, you don't have to get nervous just act normally. It's been 4 days since you are asking these questions".

"I've never lived with so many people around me that's why sometimes I get very nervous", she replied nervously.

"You don't have to get nervous, we will be there around you", Zain said, giving her a side hug to which she nodded with a nervous tight lipped smile.