Mark | نقش

الٹی ہی چال چلتے ہیں دیوانگان عشق 

آنکھوں کو بند کرتے ہیں دیدار کے لیے

(Ulti hi chaal chalthay hain diwan-e-ganay Ishq

Ankho ko bhund karthay hain dedar kay leye) 

DURRANI HOUSE:

Faryal entered Durrani house humming a happy song. She was very happy to meet uncle and aunty.

"Assalam-u-Alikum", Faryal greeted Nadia baji.

"Waliku assalam Faryal bibi, How was your day?", Nadia baji asked.

"Great! What abou..." Before Faryal could complete her sentence she heard a loud shriek of Zahra and after that her continuous loud cries.

'"She might have woken up again", Nadia baji said in a low tone.

"Does something happen to Zahra?", Faryal asked in a terror-filled voice.

"Zahra is vaccinated today, She has been crying since the morning.", Nadia baji replied. A twinge of pain arose in Faryal's heart, she climbed up the stairs hurriedly and made her way to Zohaib's room.

The scenario in front of her was heartbreaking. Zahra was crying and breathing heavily, it looked like she was tired of crying but her pain was still there. Zain and Zohaib were trying to soothe Zahra.

"Zahraaa", Faryal said holding her hand.

"Can't we give her any pain-killer", Faryal said with tears filled eyes.

Zain heaved a sigh and said, "We have been giving her pain killer but the moment we put it in her mouth she starts crying due to pain and spits out the medicine".

"She is not eating anything as well", Zain added.

"We don't have any other option?" she asked.

"Let's apply the warm fomentation again if she let her do this time", Zohaib said.

"You will take her in your lap, Zain would hold her legs and I'll apply it", Zohaib instructed them.

Faryal sat down on the bed with Zahra in her lap. Zain held her both legs and Zohaib started applying the warm fomentation as planned.

Faryal started reciting verses and kept praying for Zahra. The tears of agony were streaming down her face uncontrollably seeing her daughter in a painful state.

"Zahra! the pain will vanish soon Meri Jaan", She muttered.

A few minutes later Zahra has stopped crying, but she was coughing to catch her breath with her eyes closed. Zohaib was still applying the warm fomentation. After some time he went to the closet and brought Zahra's wrapping cloth.

"Her legs are numb so we can wrap that cloth to minimize her movements", Zohaib said and wrapped Zahra in that cloth. He took the pain killer and put it in her mouth with the help of a dropper.

"I hope she doesn't throw up again", Zain said in concern.

"I'll ready her feeder, maybe she will take it now", Faryal said and hurriedly prepared her bottle feeder and handed it to Zohaib.

"Shukar Allah ka, she finally had something", Zain heaved a sigh of satisfaction while holding an empty feeder in his hands.

Zohaib placed Zahra on his shoulder and started patting her back to make her sleep.