Restlessness | اضطراب

                                                                 لکھتا  ہو تو تم  ہی  اترتے  ہو  قلم  سے

                                                          ✨  پڑھتا  ہو تو لہجہ  بھی  تم،  آواذ  بھی  تم

likhtha hun tou tum hi utharthay ho qalam say

parhtha ho tou lehja bhi tum, awaz bi tum

DURRANI HOUSE:

Zohaib parked the car on the car porch, stepped out of the car, took Zahra from his dad with a blank expression, and strode towards his room silently.

His mom sighed but at least she was grateful that he didn't make any scene today.

He fed Zahra the formula milk, changed her outfit to a night suit. He placed her head on his shoulder and bobbled her slightly in a vertical direction until she fell into a deep slumber while all that time his eyes were fixed on the photo frame hanged on the wall in front of him.

After some time he placed Zahra on the bed and went near the photo frame, the photo of him and Ayza which was taken on their Walima. Anybody could say that they were so much in love after seeing the glint in their eyes and heart-warming smile.

(apni jesi koi tasveer banani thi muje

mere andhr say subhi rung tumhre niklay)

FLASHBACK:

"Zohaib try to understand", his mom said.

"No, mom you try to understand please. Zulm nahi kr saktha mein kisi k sath. apne mafad mn andha ho kr kisi ki zindagi tabah nahi kr saktha mn. Ap r mein hum dono yeh janthay hain k mein usko kabi accept nahi kr sakun ga. (I can't do injustice with anyone. I can't turn a blind eye for my interest and destroy anyone's life. We both know I would never accept anyone)".

"Beta think about your daughter she is growing up, she needs a mother. Don't be selfish."

"I'm selfish? sorry to say that mom but for your own kids you are getting selfish, knowing the fact that your this act will just destroy someone's life nothing else. If you think Zahra needs a mother, her mother will be Ayza only Ayza. I can't trust anyone else".

His mother understood she doesn't have any other way to make him say "Yes". She knew whatever she is going to do was selfish but for the sake of her son and Grand-daughter, she was ready to do any thing.

She came forward took his hand placed it on her head and said "Zohaib tumhe meri qasm hai beta (Swear on me)...please try to understand."

Zohaib was shocked, he didn't know his mother will ever force her to this extend. He blankly looked towards his mother. His eyes glinted with unreadable emotion, his cheeks stained with tears. He just nodded in reply and left the place hurriedly.

Flash back ends.

The circumstances had made him extremely restless, causing havoc in his mind and heart. He wanted to mourn over his loss but couldn't. He just wanted to spend his whole life with Ayza's memories and their precious child Zahra, the memo of their LOVE.

Previously he had made a mental note that if he couldn't deny his mom now he would pressurize the girl to back off from the marriage, but today after meeting Sir Ismail Khan who he had always respected as a father, caused chaos in his mind even furthermore. He was hopeful that Sir Ismail would back off from the proposal.

(the lyrics totally relate with the situation, I guess. A very soul full song. What do you think?)

*****

Seeing him in pain was killing his mom as well. It was not like she has forgotten her lovely daughter-in-law but deep down she knew a beautiful soul like Ayza would have said the same to Zohaib if she had the slightest idea of her death. She would have always preferred a happy Zohaib just like his mother. Leaving Zohaib in this situation means leaving him in eternal pain and sorrow which would be painful for Zahra as well.

She knew she was being selfish but after meeting Faryal at the wedding, an unknown hope arose in her heart. 

She got Faryal's personal information and her home landline number through a mutual friend (as Meesha's family and Durranis are business partners, and Faryal being Meesha's childhood friend most of the people in the wedding knew all of them directly or indirectly).

She was hopeful and praying for a positive response after meeting her family.

*****

What do you think about Zohaib's mother? Is it okay to pressurize an already emotionally disturbed kid?

What would be the response of Khan's?

P.S: I know this is a very short update, but that's what I managed to write in between my study breaks. I would try to sum up the rishtha sequence hopefully in the next chapter. It's definitely going to be a longer chapter. Stay tuned✨.

I'll be waiting for your feedback.