Priceless | انمول

ممکن اگر ہوتا کسی کو عمر لگانا

                                      ہر سانس اپنے باباکے نام لکھتی

(Mumkin agr hotha kisi ko umer lagana

Hur sans apne baba kay nam likhthi)

KHAN VILLA:

It was a cool and breezy evening. A strong gust of wind blew against Faryal's face as she stepped into the garden, with a tray of tea and fresh pakoras in her hand. She set the tray down on the table and handed the steaming cup of tea to her Baba Jan, Agha Jan, and Amma.

"Ahhh, you have magic in your hands meri gurya (my doll)", Agha Jan said taking a sip from the tea. " and these pakoras, I was craving for them", he added.

"Agha Jan your Gurya will surely pour her magic in the tea in pakoras as she can not cook anything else", Baba said with an amused smile playing on his face. He was just pulling her leg because he knew he was the one who never let her do these things.

"That's not true baba, remember I had baked a pizza once", Faryal pouted.

"hahaha yeah that burnt pizza, what a memory", baba Jan said with a heavenly laugh in which Agha Jan and Amma joined him as well.

"Ammaaa, Agha Jannnn", Faryal whined making three of them burst into laughter, again.

"I'm sorry Fari, you know I was just kidding, no one can beat the taste of your Chai (tea)", Baba Jan said in a concerned tone to which Faryal stuck out her tongue, making everyone laugh.

All of them were so indulged in their banter when Noor (helper) came towards Amma Jan.

"Amma a lady has called for you", Noor said while handing out the cordless telephone.

Amma took the cordless from her.

Faryal started chit chat with her Baba Jan while Agha Jan was at Amma jan intently .

" Walikum assalam!...jee (yes)...Mein theek hun Allah ka shukr hai (I'm good by Almighty grace)...sorry I didn't recognize you, do I know you?...Jee..Jee..Most welcome dear..Allah Hafiz", were the replies of Amma Jan to the caller.

"Who was she?" Agha Jan asked.

"She wanted to pay a visit to Khan villa, Faryal ka rishtha mangnay (to ask for the hand of Faryal for her son)", Amma Jan said.

Faryal paused and snapped her head toward Amma Jan with a blank expression.

"Amma Jan, you should have denied their proposal right now. Fary abhi bachi hai (Fari is too young at the moment)", Baba Jan said with his eyes fixed on the face of his daughter.

Faryal silently stood up from her place and hurriedly went inside her room. She bolted the door with trembling fingers and tears-filled eyes. She didn't know how to deal with such kind of situation. The mere thought of leaving her home for a stranger, her small little world which was filled with love and entirely love was terrifying.

"Dekhne mein koe harj nahi hai Ismail wese b aj ho ya kul shaddi tou krni hai (There is no harm to meet them. Anyways sooner or later she has to get married)", Amma Jan replied to Baba Jan.

Baba Jan remained silent after listening to his mother, he understood the situation but was hesitant to accept it at the same time. A fear of giving away his precious child to someone else crept into his heart.

After some time the Maghrib azan started in the background. All of them retired to their rooms to offer their prayers.

LATER AT NIGHT:

"Faryal bibi is not opening the door", Noor said to the trio sitting in front of her on the dining table to which Agha Jan sighed audibly.

They all knew how much she is afraid of living without them. The proof was her exchange semester during which she used to cry every time they would talk to her on phone. This situation appeared so suddenly that he was not able to mentally prepare her for that.

Her Baba Jan stood up from his seat, made a platter for two people in a try, and said "don't worry Amma, baba I'll take care of her". to which both nodded in affirmation because they knew he is the only person she needs at the moment.

"Fary, beta darwaza kholo (please open the door)", he said, knocking at the door.

She opened the door in a few seconds looking like a crying mess. The sight in front of him was distressing but he composed himself because at that moment he was supposed to act like a sane person for the sake of his precious kid.

He set the tray on the table, went back towards his daughter, and hugged her. She couldn't stop tears and cried her heart out.

"Baba jan (hicup)... I can't do(hicup)oo...this", she sobbed.

"You don't have to do anything against your will my love", he consoled her.

"Nobody is forcing you, you need to trust us", he added.

"Fary, just meet them tomorrow for the sake of Amma Jan, she can not deny them after inviting them. We have to respect her decision especially when others are involved. I promise the final decision will be yours".

She looked at her Baba Jan with tears still rolling down her face and nodded hesitantly.

"Allah Miyan look, this girl is starving her poor old father", he said looking towards the ceiling with a pout making her smile.

She pulled his cheek playfully and said "Baba Jan stop being so dramatic. I'll eat if you would feed me just like the old times".

"Of course, anything for my princess", he said and bowed down in front of her.

Both father and daughter fed each other lovingly, in between reminiscing their انمول (precious) memories and teasing each other.

That night she slept with her head in Baba Jan's lap, he knew she needed it today just like every time she would be afraid to do something since childhood.

                                    -----------------------------------------------------

Who do you think that mystery rishtha wali aunty is? hehehe😜

Which part of the chapter did you like?

P.S: Thank you my Wattpad family for pouring in so much love.