chapter 1

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

The kingdom of Wylan was proud of its land. With mountains, an ocean, and plenty of fertile land. Anyone living in Wylan would say it was a blessing to be living in the country.

Although, being proud of the land, the kingdom wasn't particularly proud of its history.

Alongside the mountains, the ocean, and the near perfect soil, there was a full and complete forest. Despite the wonderful forest being the most beautiful thing about the country, humans weren't allowed to step foot near it.

The forest homed creatures that were forced into hiding due to the set rules of the kingdom's court.

No one shall go in nor leave.

It had been like that for years. So much so that humans AND creatures were killed at the large river that cut the forest and the rest of the kingdom off. Whether they were killed by another human... or a creature.

If a creature was able to pass without dying, the court gave out a law saying if the creature were to be caught, it shall be killed.

"You got to be kidding me..."

Minji found herself stuck...her trip was supposed to be short and sweet. Get over the river, get to where she was going, get back home. She doesn't recall the river being so... big. That was her mistake thinking this would be so easy

She ruffled her hair and scoffed. This was one of the many difficulties she had to put up with on this journey. another being the stupid horse she though she had to have.

Minji's only reason for being here was to find her grandma and deliver the crystals and a couple of other things she wants because stated in the letter, "we don't have that in this damn forest and I know you love me more than staying in that ugly kingdom anyway. Visit me brat."

Minji loved her grandma. With all her heart actually but since she was living in the kingdom, it was almost impossible to get into the forest unharmed especially when there were new laws that were being reinforced.

Minji was a witch, just like her mother was before she had died. Minji had been practicing witchcraft since she could remember with the help of her grandmother and the books her mother had left behind in secret.

Her father had left her and her mother the moment he had figured out that they were both witches. More so that his wife was a witch. when he found out minis mother was a witch that meant she could teach her Minji magic that she possesses and other things that were not welcome by the people of the kingdom. Her mother hid being a witch from everyone she knew. Humans didnt like the creatures of the forest and killed as many as they could, as ordered by the late king. since she loved her husband so much, she only thought it was rational to keep her identity a secret till the time was right.

Unfortunately, Minji's mother was exposed and killed and Minji was kicked to the streets, hoping she wouldn't pick up her "witchy tendency".

Minji went off to find somewhere safer to live, which happened to be the forest. She ended up leaving later on and she was finally returning to the forest after all those years.

"You're the worst horse ever... this was why you're so cheap. And here I thought it was a good deal." Minji rambled as she picked up the items that fell out of the horse satchel that was attached to the saddle.

As Minji rambled to the poor horse that just stood there while Minji was about to cry, a head slowly started to make its way out of the water of the large river she was currently at.

the figure was revealed as a man. A very gorgeous man at that. The horse and the man-made eye contact and the said man brought his finger to his lips to signal to be quiet. The revealed man made his way to the edge of the bank, where an item laid, one of the more essential items that Minji happened to need. Just as he went to grab it, a voice called out to him. Making him flinch and drop the item.