chapter 10

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"Huh?" Jungkook and Yoongi let out at the same time. Yoongi was more annoyed while Jungkook was more surprised that his grandma would suggest that. 

"Oh, do you live near Yoongi?" Minji asked jungkook with a small smile.

"I..no, I don't, I live kinda far from here..." Jungkook said, not making eye contact with Minji and trailing off to put his gaze on anything but her. He was just too nervous, even when he was having a full conversation with her before, he was scared of messing up or being a little too cringe. 

"Oh...?" Minji let out as she looked over at her grandma. 

"It's fine, you guys can get with the others at the bonfire," Eunbi smiled as she made her way to the kitchen. 

"What about you grandma?" Jungkook asked as he followed her. 

"I'm fine, I'm going to eat leftovers from last night dear," 

"I- well..." jungkook didn't want to leave his grandma all alone, but dinner at the bonfire did sound amazing and he was hopeful that he would get home early to see Minji even earlier. 

"Just go dear, it's not a big deal. Plus Minji can see more of the forest." Eunbi said with a grin.

"Let's go. I'm hungry!" Yoongi called out, annoyed. 

"I- coming... bye grandma. Sleep well..."jungkook muttered and quickly made his way to the other two. 

He was glad Minji was there to smile at him when he showed up in front of them because yoongis glare might have killed him. 

"Bye grandma, I'll see you tomorrow to pick up my horse!" Minji called out with a wave and walked out with yoongi and jungkook following close behind. 

The sun was slowly setting, making the sky a pretty purple and orange. 

Minji always loved looking at the sun setting, it was so pretty and when she would stop everything she was doing to look out her window to see the pretty sky, it filled her with so much joy.

The walk was very awkward to put it simply. Minji had no idea where to go so she was trusting Yoongi and Jungkook not to take her to a ditch to kill her and leave her there. She knew her childhood friend wouldn't but she only met Jungkook and even if he seems super sweet, she couldn't take any chances.

Minji started to feel uneasy about how quiet it was. There were the sudden cricket sounds that made Minji jump or the crunching of the leaves and sticks that the three stepped on but that wasn't enough sound for Minji to feel not uncomfortable.

So the only logical thing to do was to start a conversation. Or try to. Yoongi was a hard person to have a conversation with. He liked the quiet and the company of those he liked. Minji knew this because he always liked this as a child.

"So...is the bonfire a place you guys go all the time?" Minji asked. It was more towards Jungkook because she knew Yoongi would either ignore her or just say no.

"Uhm... sometimes. It depends." Jungkook answered lightly. It was more of a mutter.

"Oh... what do you do there anyway? Grandma said that they had dinner. Do they always do that?" Minji was trying so hard to keep the conversation going.

Without her grandma, it seemed like the three of them couldn't have a conversation worth anything. Jungkook was pretty shy, Minji concluded and without someone he knew, he was going to stay shy.

"Yea, some older ladies like to come and make breakfast and dinner. If I'm being honest, it's pretty nice. They've been doing it for a while now. It's kinda like a tradition at this point," Jungkook answered. This time, more open and willing to answer.

Minji smiled at him to thank him. This was a somewhat helpful answer to where she was going.

"Yea, but it's more like a party at night than anything." Yoongi suddenly said.

Minji shifted her eyes to yoongi.

"Really? How fun," Minji muttered.

"No, not fun. To many people," Yoongi muttered back.

"Well, I wouldn't call it a party, it's like a big get-together for everyone to see each other," Jungkook said in a way that sounded like he was trying to correct Yoongi.

"Even more fun," Minji muttered to Jungkook, trying to keep away any arguing between the two males.

After the comment that Minji made, the walk became even quieter. Minji felt like all her hard work went to waste.

"Well..." Minji muttered under her breath, now looking around to see the scenery that was before her.

This caught the attention of the two males almost instantly.

Jungkook knew the girl was trying to make conversation with her and he truly appreciated it but it was just so awkward with Yoongi there. Jungkook would truly love to continue talking to her but Yoongi seemed like a buzz kill. Jungkook thought that if he started talking with Minji, yoongi would come in and try to stop it. Jungkook didnt want that.

Yoongi would do that though. Yoongi was so ready to take Minji back to his house and cook her dinner and talk with her, convincing her to stay but instead he's here walking with some elf.

He also saw that Minji was trying to get all of them to talk like they had back at his mom's place but he thought there was no point. They honestly talked so much that there was nothing else to talk about.

The three of them finally started to approach the bonfire. And Minji couldn't be more excited.

There was beautiful music playing that just warmed her heart. She could hear so many people talking and laughing, with the sound of the fire going, this made her smile.

Jungkook looked down at Minji and when he saw her smile, he couldn't help but to as well. He was glad that she was enjoying this place, it was truly beautiful, and seeing her smile at his home, made him happy that he lived here.

"Are you hungry?" Jungkook asked, leaning down to reach Minji's shoulder so he could hear her better since, as they were getting closer, it was getting louder and he was not one to raise his voice for anything.

"Oh yes!" Minji said, looking back up at him with a nod and smile.

Jungkook smiled back and tried to lead her, well... And yoongi, where to get some food.

All Yoongi did was watch. He didnt like how Jungkook was getting bold with his Minji and trying to feed her. That was his job and his only. So he followed very close behind them.

 ︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

1121 words