chapter 5

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Jimin likes to call himself a collector.
Although in reality, he was a hoarder. But Jimin would never call himself that. He liked to keep things all to himself. He hated sharing.  That's why his cave was filled with crap from across the world. He knew how to get things. From pocket watches that rusted over time from being in the water too long, knives and swords, to body parts that you wouldn't expect someone to have...

Jimin learned quickly that a pretty face meant quick to trust.

That's why stealing, well in his terms, trading, was so easy.
You never would think a pretty man, a charming face... pretty eyes, and a smile that could kill, ask you for something, and in return, you get to pass a water source, just to be mugged, drowned, and eaten.

He was one of the many reasons why it was so hard to get into and out of the forest of the kingdom.

Water was everywhere. That meant Jimin could be anywhere.

The large river that surrounds the forest, leads into lakes in the village nearby, to the creeks and ponds in the area. He knows how to get around.

Believe it or not, there were tunnels underground, connecting every water source to the other. So the famous well in the human village was connected to the same river that he protected almost every day.  And the same river connected to the sea just a couple of miles by. Which would take him about an hour to get to in water but on land, it would take about a day.

The only place he couldn't get in the water was when it was inside a building. The damn pipes were so hard to move through. Too small and too hard to break.

There were plenty of other mermaids in the waters. So many that sometimes Jimin thinks they were a little too overpopulated. A lot of mermaids go to the sea to mess with pirates but Jimin personally didnt like pirates. He thought they were nasty and always drunk. Not what he wanted to eat at the end of the day. He rather eats a plate full of frogs than a pirate.

God, he hated frogs.

That's why he eat humans and animals that tried to drink from the river or tried to pass.

Jimin couldn't bring himself to socialize with the other mermaids. He didn't like other people, anything that talked, jimin when in this a narrow mind set. He didnt like other mermaids due to the thought that they were like him. Selfish. That they might like to "trade" as he did.

He didnt know if they only wanted to be his friend just to take his stuff. He had an amazing collection. He couldn't let others take that away, he worked too hard for that stuff. He hated sharing.
Though, if someone had the amazing things he said, he wouldn't expect them to be nice and share...

Jimin grew up alone and with nothing, which was probably why he had a dislikement towards sharing.

In the water realm, you didnt have parents. You were kinda just born. Left where you were meant to be. He was sure that he met his parent once or twice in his lifetime but he wouldn't bet on it. Jimin didn't have anyone, to begin with so he filled the space with items that others wouldn't be able to get their hands on.

He was still pretty young when he started protecting the river that divided the land. Jimin was quick to realize it was a good way to grab something to eat and add to his collection.

Jimin had become the unspoken "protector" of the forest.

Usually, people with a death wish would come by every few months to try to get into the forest. Or a creature of the forest would try to explore the village. They were brave, he would admit, but so stupid.

Though it was around summer time so humans got bold.

There was a knight that came by, about 3 days ago, scouting the area. He was killed.

Minji was an odd one, he thought.
She smelled like a human, though there was a hint of something he couldn't really decipher.

He was a little relieved to know she wasn't a full human though, for some reason. He couldn't find a reason why he let her pass with such a simple trade.

Normally he would take all he could before taking the person as a whole.

Was it because she was pretty? Couldn't be, that he met a lot of beautiful people in the lifetime. Though she did have beautiful eyes and hair. He wouldn't mind taking them and putting them in a jar to keep.

It couldn't have been her attitude, well maybe it was. Most people would be too scared to talk to him. She had a pretty voice though... he wondered what it would be like if she screamed.

Was it the way she smelled? He didnt like the human smell but he did like the other smell on her. He liked it.

He wondered.

Jimin thought this Minji girl thought he was stupid or something. Or she was the stupid one. Who didnt know of moon water? Or the stupid crystal she gave him?

From his 24 years of life, he knew a thing or two. So moon water and whatever crystal, he had plenty. That's why he wondered why he let her off so easily. He was far more interested in that color-changing liquid. He didnt have that...yet.

If she came around or if he saw her, he would trick her into giving it to him, or making it.

This was the first time he didnt feel like drowning someone and mugging them. So there had to be something special about her.

He just had to see her again. Get an actual good trade. Maybe a conversation in, just to hear her voice. Possibly get a good scream out of her, just to see what it was like.

To get another good smell of her. Her being in the forest, with no humans, it should get rid of that human scent and bring out that unknown scent.

Jimin seemed to wonder about her lot... with this short interaction. It seemed like he was obsessed with her or something...
︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Sigh
1070 words