chapter 13

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

The two older made their way closer to the front table with food, to one, put the dishes away, and two, to perhaps catch the attention of this boy's parents.

Fortunately, the poor minji holding the baby, walking alongside jungkook did catch someone's attention. Unfortunately, it wasn't the boy's parents and it seemed like the flower lady was in a trance with how cute they looked.

Because the first thing she did when she made eye contact with Minji and Jungkook, which she made it a point to stare them down so they looked at her, was rush over a gush on how cute the little boy was.

"You two seem so young! How old is he? How long have you two known each other? Jungkook I didnt know you wanted to settle down but good for you! Your mother must be proud!" The flower lady didnt take a breath until she finished asking her unanswered questions.

It wasn't as if she gave them time to answer or even speak in the first place so perhaps it's all her fault her questions were left unanswered.

The three, yes three, the little boy didnt seem to understand a lick of what this crazy woman was saying so he didnt blame his temporary parents for not answering or slowly backing away every couple of seconds, to get away.

He wanted to get away from this lady but his small child brain didnt know how to properly do that without shoving a flower into someone's face. And with the looks of it, its makeshift parents didnt seem to be in the mood for that. Especially his elf dad.

However, it was like the gods had blessed the kid and the two struggling young adults,
"Excuse me... you're Minji right?"

The four, yes four since the flower lady finally stopped talking, looked behind them to see the voice that called out.

It was a young man with a bright smile, maybe too bright since jungkook had to look away.

"Uh...yes... and you are?" Minji said, confused about how this man knew her name and what she looked like. She had no memory of meeting him... however a thought came to her...

Was this the parent of this child? Finally...

"OH, Hoseok! It's so nice seeing you!" The same lady who didnt shut up before shrieked at the young man. Walking closer to him, pushing jungkook and Minji out of the way.

The said man, Hoseok, gave a forced smile to the lady but it seemed like she couldn't tell the difference so she went in for a hug.

Minji watched with pity as Hoseok bent down slightly to match the height of the woman and hug her with hesitation.

It stayed like this for quite a while as the flower boy stayed rested in Minjis arms, playing with the flowers he made and shoving them into the long locks of hair. Jungkook almost completely forgot that the other women and Hoseok were even there since he secretly pulled the flowers the younger boy shoved into the poor girl's hair out. Trying to make it as least obvious as possible.
However, the 'cute' gushing of the lady reminded him of the situation.

Thankfully, the lady saw another victim, called out their name, and pushed Hoseok away, rushing over to her new victim.

Hoseok let out a sigh and gave a painful smile to Minji, not glancing at Jungkook.

"Hi, I'm Hoseok but I prefer Hobi to my friends but call me what you like! I came here looking for you since Yoongi Hyung is about to lose his head searching for you..." the man said as he stuck his hand out for Minji to shake.

She took him and gave him a gentle shake. Jungkook watched the Hoseok and had to hold back an eye roll.

Jungkook knew Hoseok. Hoseok knew Jungkook. Did they like each other? Not really. Did their parents like each other? No.

however, both boys knew that something went down in terms of a fight.

Jungkook nor Hoseok knew what went down beside that humans were involved and that, Hoseoks family were "human lovers".

Jungkook was never the type to disobey his parents, well until recently with his new hobby of witchcraft and hanging around an actual witch at the moment.

So when Jungkooks parents told him that The Jung family were bad people and would lead him to the human village to die, he believed it and it stuck with him.
He now thought it was a little funny but he wasn't going to hang around any of them. He respected his parents to a point and believed that whatever they say has to be for a reason. So if they say no Jung's family, then he's not going to interact with one.

The Jung family just never liked the stuck-up Jeons so that's the end of it. It was like Hoseok and Jungkook and a neutral agreement not to talk to each other or make an effort to be friends so that's how it'll stayed.

"I see... uh." Minji didnt exactly know what to say. The mention of Yoongi made Minji happy. Happy that she would finally be around him.

Not that she didnt enjoy jungkook, she liked him and wouldn't mind still being around him but yoongi was someone she knew to heart and was more comfortable around. Plus he was her ticket to a nice bath and bed at the end of the night so finding him out be a blessing to her poor feet that have walking for what seemed like days without rest.

"Don't worry! I'll take you there!" Hoseok said with a smile. "Follow me,"

Turning in the direction he meant to go and started walking slowly.

Now, Minji wasn't an idiot and didnt think Hoseok was either. However, minji wasn't going to follow some random guy in a forest even if he mentioned her friend's name.

Jungkook seemed to get the message that Minji was slighting uncomfortable and decided to rub her back. Giving her the idea that she didn't have to follow. so she didn't.

Minji, thankfully didnt show her surprise at this and let jungkook carry on with what he was doing, staying in the same spot, watching Hoseok slowly walk away.

Hoseok then noticed that no one was following him as he hoped...he quickly turned around with a tight smile.

"uh..." he let out before walking back to where jungkook and minji staying. "Minji...dear... Yoongi is looking for you... don't you want to see him?" Hoseok asked with a fake, small pout.

Minji was now feeling a little guilty but at the same time, she didn't think that Yoongi would want her to go along with someone SHE didn't know...right? she would hope not.

jungkook rolled his eyes. Classic. Hoseok knew how to make people feel guilty with no shame. jungkook knew poor little minji would fall for Hoseok's tricks. everyone does.

"I- well I don't want to keep him waiting but...Jungkook and I need to find his boy's parents... he's been with us for a while and I'm sure his parents are worried!"

Hoseok was kinda taken back by the sight of the small flower boy, how could he not see this child attached to the young girl?

"ah- i.. well I'm sure yoongi will know what to do... I'm sure?" Hoseok said with a firm nod.

jungkook wanted to sigh so hard but decided not to so there wouldn't be any trouble.

"no. I need to find his parents-" minji replied and shook her head with a small frown.

"Look, Jungkook here can take the kid-" hoseok said, trying to reason with the woman.

"hell no. I am not holding that thing." Jungkook scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Jungkook! Don't call him a thing!" this time, minji let out a frustrated sigh.

the kid just started blabbering nonsense ever since Jungkook opened his mouth and honestly, minji was getting annoyed.

Hoseok stared at them, amusing for sure but it was frustrating. yoongi was looking all over for this girl and made him look for her. he finally finds her, but who is she with? a random kid and a guy who he's not even allowed to make eye contact with. what luck...

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

short chapter... sorry