chapter 40

Tw: drowning, vomiting (very short)....jimin cause we all need a TW when it comes to this name.
︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Minji opened her eyes to see a stressed seokjin.

"Seokjin?" Minji called out, sitting up to see seokjin sigh in relief.

"We got it to get going, we're sinking..." seokjin said softly, walking over to his dresser and pulling small pouches of money. He started to shove them into his pockets.

Minji jumped up, utterly terrified.

When minji hit the floor, she realized there was water up to her knees. Minji tried to shake her uneasy feeling away as she made her way over to seokjin. It was hard due to the amount of water.

"Let's go," seokjin said, walking over to her and started pulling her towards the door.

By the time they arrived at the deck, minji saw that it was still storming. It was hard to see around due to the rain and the dark sky but when minji caught sight of soobin and his friends, she rushed over. Ignoring seokjins yells to come back.

"Miss!" Soobin said, rushing to hug her.

Minji pulled back. "Is everyone okay?" Minji asked, looking around the deck.

Multiple men were running around and jumping into lifeboats, and being lowered into the harsh waters.

Minji stumbled a bit due to the waves hitting the sides of the ship making it sway. Looking over the edge, she saw how violent they were and shivered at the thought of being lost in them.

"Are you guys about to go, be careful okay?" Minji said after seeing the younger boys nod.

"Yea... I'm just worried, there are only four boats...and this is the last one." Soobin explains. Minji stared in shock. There were too many men left...

"It's okay, look. It's ready, get on. Be safe okay? The waves are-" minji stumbled around due to the swaying.

Soobin, the other boys, and a couple of other men piled into the boat and lowered.

Minji watched until she saw them be rushed away.

When she turned around, she saw seokjin running around with rope for the other boats.

"What's wrong?" Seokjin yelled out when he saw no one else getting into the smaller boats.

"Sir! There's none left! That was the last!" A random man yelled out, referring to the lifeboats

"Last?" Seokjin threw the rope down in frustration. When he looked at minji, he felt his heart clench at the sight of her soaking, shivering form due to the rain hitting her so harshly.

"Alright, start tearing the ship apart. Anything that will float, grab it and jump. We will get somewhere safe soon. We shouldn't be too far from land!" Seokjin orders. The men around them rush to do as they were told.

Seokjin wasted no time grabbing minji by the wrist and walking over to a random door, ripping it off its hinges.

Minji followed seokjin back to the edge of the ship, stumbling every once in a while.

Seokjin was about to throw the door over when he suddenly stopped. He turned to look at him minji, that's when minji saw him tearing up.

"Minji. I love you. Just know if anything happens... I love you," seokjin said, kissing minjis wet forehead.

Before minji could reply, seokjin threw the door over and grabbed onto minji. He then jumped over. She yelped in surprise at the sudden action. Mid jump, minji felt the grasp she had on seokjin slip.