chapter 25

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Kim Taehyung, the second prince of Wylan, and the biggest royal brat.

Ever since Taehyung was a child, he had been spoiled, with a snap of his fingers, it was his. He wasn't used to being told no, or any form of being denied. The usual punishment was a harsh beating, by him of course. It was either a public affair or private, whatever Taehyung was in the mood for.

His behavior had harmed the country's view of the palace. Him being the most feared of course, second to his mother.

It was quite odd, the prince taking after the gentleman of their father and taehyung taking after the harsh mother of theirs.

The queens' attitude and actions played a huge role in Taehyungs actions as an adult. Taehyung had always been his mother's favorite, possibly due to him showing signs of her personal very early on.

However, the negative effect of the second prince's attitude was that having friends was hard. Even though his mother, despite her unfriendliness to the other mothers, had tried to get the other children to play with her son. Which only resulted in someone crying, it was always the other child.

It usually made Taehyung feel a certain type of way. Why weren't the kids laughing when he made fun of the way they looked? And why weren't they excited when he bragged about his latest toys?

He pushed it off as they were jealous of him, just like his mother told him that the reason that her friends didn't come over to the palace anymore was that they were jealous.

How silly, childish, he always thought.

His views like that didn't change, even after he met Kim Namjoon.

They had met when a new servant came to the palace after the old one was fired by the queen for making the tea wrong when Taehyung was ten years old.

The servant was an older lady who had brought her son, who was just a tad bit older than the second prince. Taehyung had, for the first time in a long time, looked up to the boy. The first time was when he was six years old and a child he was forced to play with told him he was able to ride a horse.

Kim Namjoon seemed to be immune to the bratty behavior Taehyung had, and as any smart person would do, the queen pointed him to stay with Taehyung to be his servant.

It was quite obvious that Namjoon didnt favor Taehyung in any way but he wasn't able to do much as his mother was working for the queen and him, the second prince of the kingdom. It took a few years, three to be exact, for Namjoon to just get over the brat being a brat.

Taehyung however, was more than happy that Namjoon was assigned to him.

Perhaps it helped that Taehyung had thought Namjoon was his cousin due to them having the same last name... Namjoon, to this day, thinks Taehyung still thinks that.

As they grew together, Namjoon had picked up the title of Head Knight, if he wasn't assigned to Taehyung, namjoon thinks he would have never had gotten the opportunity to grab the title.

If it wasn't also for Taehyung, Namjoon would have never been able to get his hands on the information he had on the "forbidden forest," as he had now.

Namjoon had always had an interest in the creatures of the forest, hiding away banned books, maps, and anything to do with the forest, of course with the help of Taehyung. The interest had only increased when the King had set a ban on anyone and anything crossing the forest line. Punishment being imprisonment for humans, and death for creatures.

Just like everyone else, Taehyung and Namjoon had known about the stories of people going around the river that had to be crossed to get over, to only be drowned and eaten. The bones were found the next day around the waters.