chapter 50

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

When Minji woke up, Hoseok wasn’t there. she didn’t even remember falling asleep either… she felt a little weird knowing that she let herself fall asleep even when she felt so uncomfortable with hoseok holding onto her even after he fell asleep.

She was glad it was morning now. she could finally leave. perhaps find someone…else? Who would she even look for? jin? she didn’t know where he was… jimin told her he was fine but that was… how many days ago was that even? it felt like forever… the point is, she hasn’t seen him in forever, same with yoongi… the two people, maybe jungkook too… that she actually trusted.

Minji pushed herself up, making sure to be careful with her leg. looking down at it, she saw it freshly wrapped, making her wonder if hoseok was the one to do it.

She shook the thought away, she needed to leave. Perhaps sneaking away was the best choice, could she get by the living room or kitchen without being seen? even with her leg? she was going to definitely try. Who was gonna stop her?

hoseok would.

Minji was able to stand up from the bed, being proud of herself that she could get up like that.

It was a bit of a struggle,but she was able to slowly walk over, more like scoot, over to the door open it. no one was around, making it suspiciously quiet. the last thing minji wanted was to be jumped by one of hoseok's family members.

Her hardest challenge would definitely be getting down the stairs… which was a little easier than she thought? She gripped the railing like her life depended on it, slowly stepping down the stairs one at a time. it took her so long that she was surprised she wasn’t caught by someone yet.

Minji almost let out a yelp of shock when she seen so many people in the living room, she did however let out a yelp when hoseok came behind her and touched her shoulder.

“You should have called me… i would have helped you,” hoseok quietly says.

“i…I didn't want to bother you?” Minji sounded so uncertain that she was surprised that Hoseok didn’t call her out on her bullshit.

“call me next time? are you hungry?” hoseok hadn’t let minji's shoulder go.

she didn’t know what made her more uncomfortable, hoseok's hand or the million eyes she felt on her.

“yes?”

“I'll help you this time, ready.” hoseok says, taking her arm and wrapping it around his neck.

“it’s fine hoseok really-“

“no, no i want to help!” hoseok was quick to cut her off.

Minji didn’t say anything, she had to bite back a lot of negative words since they were in front of his family.

Hoseok helped Minji sit down, his mother coming into the dining room with a hot plate of…something.

“Thank you,” was all Minji said as she took the plate from Hoseok's mother. Hoseoks sat right beside her, looking a little distracted.

“What's wrong?” Minji asked once his mother left the area, leaving the two of them alone.

“minji…what do you feel about staying here… with me?” Hoseok basically whispered, as if he was trying to hide his words from the people in the other room.

“Excuse me?” Minji almost jumped out of her seat if it wasn’t for hoseok's arm resting on the back of her chair.

“listen… i feel like it’s better for you here… safer, it’s away from any water source… jimin won’t get to you and no humans would get this far out into the forest without dying anyway…” he tried to reason but his reasoning sounded so… fake.