chapter 29

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Minji felt her mood improve greatly when she saw the cat. Taehyung noticed also, stepping forward.

"Namjoon? Do you think this is safe to give to minji? Look at it!" Taehyung hissed quietly. He wasn't too sure if he should give the cat to minji.

The cat seemed to relax as soon as Minji was mentioned, making Taehyung think the cat was possessed. This was why he liked dogs better...

The cat slapped Taehyungs hand away and somehow got out of Namjoon's hold. The cat sprinted over to minji, jumping into her lap and purring.

Minji smiled and started petting the little thing.

Taehyung and namjoon watched with wide eyes.

What the hell?

Though, when Taehyung saw Minji smile, he felt his heart stop. He took a step back, clutching his chest where his heart was. He hit namjoon repeatedly, "Kim Namjoon. Grab more painters. All of them. I need this to be captured in all forms."

Namjoon stood there for a minute before sprinting out the door. He felt his face becoming hot.

This girl... why was her smile so breathtaking? And for a cat? He needed to find a way to turn into a cat.

Back in the room, Taehyung told the painter to start painting immediately as he watched minji play with the over-affectionate cat. Taehyung wondered if she would be like this with his dog... where was yeontan anyway?

Namjoon came back into the room, breathing heavy, with frantic artists behind him. They took their seats around the girl, starting their work as soon as possible.

Minji was too focused on petting the cat to even notice the people around her.

How cute... the kitty is alot like yoongi...

The cat continues to purr, rubbing itself on minji as much as possible. Minji giggled whenever the cat grabbed her hand and licked it.

Yeah, definitely yoongi as a cat...

Taehyung watched with careful eyes. Was this cat attracted to minji? Why was it attacking the shit out of namjoon but rubbing up on minji like she saved world hunger? Well, she probably would if she could but that's not the point.

Taehyung watched the painters carefully. He wanted everything to be perfect.

He turned to namjoon who seemed to be out of it as he stared at minji.
"Namjoon, do you know why this cat is all over minji? It seems suspicious..." Taehyung asked quietly, he didn't want to interrupt the painters or the smiling girl.

"Hm?" Namjoon let out before processing what the prince said. "Oh, I believe that cats and witches have this bond. Something about being a familiar..." namjoon whispered back.  He felt a little embarrassed being caught staring at minji.

"Familiar? What is that?" Taehyung asked. He knew he wasn't going to get the answer out of minji, her attitude toward him was so unwelcoming and he felt like she wanted to stab him whenever they made eye contact.

Namjoon was quiet as he thought back to his books.
"They are believed to be supernatural entities that would assist witches and cunning folk in their practice of magic." Namjoon recited the text from his book perfectly. Taehyung nodded at the new information.

"Any animal?" Taehyung asked.

"The witch has to be the one to pick I believe. I could always ask her..." namjoon said, a little scared of Taehyung's reaction.