chapter 18

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Jung Hoseok. 
Second eldest, first son of the Jung family.

The family was the core function of the forest. Whether that's a good thing or not...

The Jung family was known for being the biggest family alive in the forest along with being the family that you would go to for anything.

Even before Hoseok and his siblings were born, the Jung family was the core and everyone knew them. Forcing the tradition of being THE family on them.

Need help building? Jung family. Need food? Jung family. A fight just broke out? Grab a member of the Jung family.

The Jung family also ran most of the forest functions. The bonfire is the biggest success. Only starting when Hoseok was ten years old...still had to help with that too.

Ah, and hoseoks father and uncles were part of the "committee" that they had formed...which didn't do much because no one listened to them anyway. Plus there weren't enough problems to even have one.

Having the title of a Jung was stress in itself. And then having to be the eldest son? Hell.

Not only were there 10 siblings in Hoseoks family but there were about 30 different cousins. And the funny part about that is... Hoseok is still the second eldest and first son. He and his older sister did everything around the forest when there weren't any other adult Jung family members.

The Jung family had always been headstrong and stubborn... however... there was the Jeon family. The elf family was closed off. Always was and probably always will be. Hoseoks parents thought the only way to help that problem was to be friends..which didn't work out due to the different opinions humans...

The jeons hated humans while the Jungs didn't have a problem. No problem to the point that they wanted to move into the village and help out humans.

Too bad the late king set boundaries...

That's why hoseok had... well he wouldn't say hatred because Jungkook hadn't done anything besides be born into the Jeon family... but he would call it hatred because he's not one to go against his family's word... unlike a certain elf boy...

Hoseok had met the cat shifter very young, it was right after Minji had left yoongi.

They didn't hit it off right away but it wasn't long before they were telling each other secrets no one else knew. Of course, yoongi was hoseoks first real friend so it was natural for him to feel protective over the shifter. Well, hoseok hoped yoongi thought so.

So when yoongi suddenly left their hangout place in a rush, saying something about smelling her in the early mornings, Hoseok was left in confusion. Why was his best friend leaving cause he smelt something?

It was later when Hoseok was told by his parents he needed to be at the bonfire. Oh, how he hated being there. Fake smiles and laughs... gave Hoseok a headache. Plus he had to probably stay later anyway to help clean...

More time passes as Hoseok sulks with a beer at the bonfire. Waiting for something to happen.

Well, lucky him, his best friend walks up. Which was pretty weird due to yoongi hating this place and overall big crowds. It made him anxious.

What made it even more weird was that there was Jeon Jungkook and a girl he had never seen before. Funny, he knew everyone here...

This was hoseok to get in a wanted conversation with someone he knew. So without any hesitation, he pulled Yoongi over and handed him a beer.

He hoped the girl would be okay with Jungkook but Hoseok wasn't worried or cared.

Well, he didn't care until yoongi started to freak out about this "minji" girl. What was this? Yoongi never acted like this.

The most yoongi did was get a little upset and snappy when hoseok would ask about his little childhood lover.

Hoseok was then forced into looking for this minji chick... with the description yoongi gave him, it would be hard to miss her. Maybe some of yoongis statements were over dramatic with "most beautiful girl in the entire kingdom, no world". Hoseok had hoped this dude was joking...

Well. Yoongi wasn't lying nor joking with this minji girl's looks.
It was... odd. Hoseok knew everyone. He's met some very beautiful creatures in this forest... why was she so captivating?

No, he couldn't think like this when she was yoongis girl and .. there was a kid and she was with the jeon boy... great.

Yoongi wasn't going to be happy...

What was even worse was they were with some random gossip woman that doesn't know how to shut up... and sue noticed him...

The only thing that was going through his head was, "shit. This again?"

Things happened pretty quickly from then on. The kid, yoongi, the baby statement, walking with the other three. It happened too quickly that hoseok wanted to stay longer.

Minji was pretty. Simply. There wasn't any other way to explain it. Did he want to go against yoongi? No way, not his best friend but... it was a little hard to do that when minji was just so... her... she was just so natural with everything. You couldn't blame him for wanting her attention. If she was going it give it to him, who is he to decline a pretty girl?

He could tell that jungkook had thought the same... unfortunately. As much as Hoseok tried not to get too upset over it, he just couldn't stop himself. He couldn't blame the poor elf boy. She was probably the most beautiful person they would ever meet. No offense to their future partners but it was true. She was beautiful inside and out.

Was that why yoongi was so crazy about her? It had to be.

Part of him wishes he was there with yoongi when they were younger. Would he be in the same boat of love as yoongi? Would he have a larger chance with her if he knew her as yoongi did?

When he had to part, he was a little devastated.

Why so soon. Why couldn't he lied and walked with them longer? Now he had to think of how jungkook and yoongi were alone with her.. and not him.

So, he offered to see her before she left... Hopefully, she agrees and sees him...

Maybe there was a chance she would stay a little longer if she got to know him more...
︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Yo!
Sorry, this is kinda short... I wanted to update but I realized I didn't do a chapter for Hoseok as I did with the other introduced characters.

Uh, I plan to possibly post again tomorrow? A full chapter with more jimin because I'm kinda obsessed with his character... oops?

Oh, I thought about making a playlist for this story! I don't know if I should do more classical music or modern? Idk what do you guys think?