chapter 37

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"Minji!" Taehyung yelled out, running up to minji and looping his arm with her free one.

Namjoon side-eyed Taehyung, tightening the hold he had on minji.

Minji walked between them, watching them shoot each other dirty looks.

It wasn't until they got to the carriage that Minji was let go and pushed into the carriage.

Minji tried her best to sit as far away from the men as possible, however, she was stuck in the middle. Again.

"Are you okay? Anything you need?" Taehyung asked minji. When she nodded, taehyung waved out the window, making the carriage go.

"Do you go to the ports often?" Namjoon quietly asked. Minji thought for a moment.

"I only come around once a month,"

"Oh? Why is that?" Taehyung asked.

"Well, I go straight to the port and then straight back home. I get everything I need for the month at once." Minji said, trying to peek out the window.

The only reason for minjis lack of activity was because of Seokjin. In the best way possible, he was the reason she didn't need to go. He had always come back after a long month on the sea, at that time, minji made it her mission to visit him. And since her seokjin was truly the only reason for her visit, she took that time to get every she ever needed or wanted for the months being, until seokjin returned. Seokjin had always made sure to pay for everything. He always claimed that he had unlimited amounts of money and the reason for that was to provide for minji. Whenever minji tried to pay him back, he would always refuse and say her only payment was to be by his side.

Minji had always brushed it off and told him multiple times he would make the world's greatest husband.

The only time minji wasn't at the port, was when she was "paying" seokjin. Only because she had taken the month with Seokjin to the sea. For whatever reason, seokjin would always try to make the month's trip longer every time. Minji didn't know why.

This month, minji decided to stay home, hoping that, if she wasn't here, she would be walking her happy ass the two hours it takes to get to the port from her house. Lucky was not on her side... obviously as she's in a carriage with a snotty prince and a knight who doesn't know how to keep his hands to himself.

Minji smiled at the thought of Seokjin and going out to sea again. When she was younger she was always afraid of the sea due to her mother's fear of it. It was so bad that it was all she talked about for a while with yoongi. However, when she met Seokjin, the fear faded away. Perhaps it was the company Seokjin provided that made the deep, dark, blue sea so much more enjoyable.

Namjoon noticed immediately minji smiling, wishing she was only thinking about him when smiling.

Namjoon thought the way of getting minjis affection would have to be items. He had only thought that due to his words and his efforts of affection never got to her. The only logical thing he could think of was giving her gifts. Which was perfect for today, he would woah her with an expensive gift he would hand pick, putting the old gold ring to shame.

Normally he would think ill of people who used others for gifts and money. However, not one ill thought crossed Namjoons mind when thinking Minji preferred gifts over other ways of affection.

He was a man that would go across the world for his lover. Minji was his soon-to-be lover in his mind. Whether she or taehyung liked it.

Namjoon would buy a house in the countryside, where no one would be able to find them if minji wanted. Anything she wanted, besides trying to leave him, he would do all his power to give. Namjoon would actually prefer living somewhere isolated with minji. Not only would it give her no one else to rely on but him, but he would also be able to keep Taehyung away.