chapter 8

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"OH, THAT'S A GREAT IDEA SWEETIE!" 

"i... what? no, I got to leave... I love to stay as I said, I have to go..." minji was taken back. there was no doubt that she would have loved to stay but she has other things to take care of back home. like paying her taxes that were due...

"why do you have to leave? huh? what's so important that you have to run back to that village?" yoongi questioned. jungkook nodded his head without noticing and thankfully, no one else noticed. 

"i... I'm sure people are going to notice me gone. I don't think you realize but we are on a small island in the middle of the world, we aren't able to go very far... where do you think people are going to wonder where I've gone?" Minji was now getting frustrated. she needed, well more wanted to go home more than anything. she loves the forest with all her heart and at the end of the day, she will always belong here. right now, however, she lives as a human in her human village. 

"I'm not understanding..." jungkook muttered, which made everyone's head turn to him. he flinched when he finally noticed everyone's eyes on him. " I mean... if you don't have an important part in money-making... im not sure what humans call them..."

"jobs?" minji asked, trying to understand. 

"ah yes, jobs. if you don't have one, or you don't have an important role like... mayor? or a royal, why worry?" jungkook finished. 

Yoongi and Eunbi, yoongis mother, nodded.

now minji was stuck. not the kind of stuck she was in with Jimin. more so the kind of mud stuck she thought she was going to go through since the beginning of her trip. the elf boy, jungkook, was right. she didn't have a job or an important role in the kingdom so it shouldn't matter as much as she's making it.

Minji supposed it would be like when Mr. lee went away for a week and no one noticed till he was back... poor Mr.lee. 

"I suppose so... but only for tonight and I'm leaving before nightfall tomorrow!" minji crossed her arms and scoffed.

jungkook smiled at the thought of staying just a little longer. before nightfall, tomorrow was a long time for her to teach him things that no one else could.

Yoongi was very happy, but he only showed it by patting Minjis head. He was upset that the elf boy was the one to convince her to stay and not him but he can't complain. this was just the start of his plan to get her to stay for a very long time. 

"I'm so glad my love... now let's talk! I haven't seen you in forever, I want to know everything!" Eunbi spoke out as she grabbed Minjis wrists and pulled her to the living room area. 

Minji let out a nervous chuckle as she watched her grandma throw books to the ground that once laid on the couch they were about to sit on. She also noticed the two other boys walking in, not before checking if the tea was done. 

which yoongi had no idea how to make tea so he was just going off of what jungkook said. He swore if jungkook ruined Minji's tea, he would kick his ass. 

everyone was now sitting on something. there were books everywhere but no one seemed to care enough. well, jungkook did care because sooner or later, he needed to bring them back to his mother's library. 

"uh... we'll I don't know where to start..." minji trailed off. she truly didn't know where to start, she spent nine whole years in this very house and just left. part of her regrets every second of leaving but her other half is glad she did leave. if not, she wouldn't have met the amazing people she did. like Seokjin. 

"Start with why you left," yoongi commanded. everyone's head snapped towards him. he had his arms crossed and a glare stuck on his face.

"yoongi that's enough. just be glad I convinced her to come in the first place. do you know how hard it is to send letters across the river? not only that but also a girl who lives in the middle of no where?" Eunbi scolded yoongi. she started huffing and crossing her arms as well. Yoongi and her almost looked the same. if you couldn't tell they were related, you could now. like copy and paste. 

"h-how about what your life was like as a witch near all those humans?" Jungkook suddenly piped up. Minji smiled at him, she was glad she didn't have to deal with yoongis grumpy mood.

"I suppose so.." Minji started off answering the questions very simply but jungkook kept asking more and more questions to the point she told her whole life story. jungkook loved everything about it. 

minji explained how after she left, she had to live on her own, doing labor, farming on her own, and trading like no other. Yoongi listened. he listened well. he was proud of her for dealing with all that just at the age of fourteen but she just should have stayed.

minji also told them that she explored almost every inch of the country, including the ocean and the land outside of the country. 

not to mention the pirates she was involved with. Jungkook was most interested in this. Yoongi was too but hebwas rather jealous of her doing all these things without him. Yoongi was waiting for the moment she mentioned a man so he could jump at her for that too. now that she mentioned pirates, a ship that was packed with men, he couldn't wait to tease and interrogate her. Jungkook was interested because it was just like the books. Witches and Pirates. He just wished he could have been there, seeing her sail with the people that helped her kind from the very beginning. 

unfortunately, Eunbi had to stop minji in the middle of her story about her learning how to sword fight.

Eunbi sniffed the air as the other three younger adults watched her, confused why she would stop an intense and interesting story.

"THE TEA, I FORGOT ABOUT THE TEA!!" and with that, miss Eunbi sprinted across the living room and to the kitchen with a record of 0.5 seconds. 

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

1073 words