chapter 42

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"What...?"

"What are you doing over there? You're going to fall into the water if you come any closer," jimin said, setting another rusty bucket on the stone.

"Oh..." minji had never felt more relieved.

"I brought fish, rocks...and sticks...and a book," jimin said, taking it all out and showing minji. She gave a nervous smile as she slowly walked over and sat down closer to jimin.

Once she sat down, a wet soaking book was placed in her hands. The front was so faded that she could barely tell what it says. The only thing she was able to make out was the campfire image.

"What is this?" Minji asks looking over at jimin who was placing different rocks in a circle.

Jimin looked over briefly, eyeing the book before going back to his rock circle.

"How to start a fire," jimin said plainly.

"You can't even read it... it's too wet," minji said, slowly opening the cover.

"Obviously? It's been in the water and you can actually read it," jimin snatched the book and roughly flipped through the pages.

"Jimin! Most of the pages are missing... and all the words are faded!" Minji pointed out making jimin roll his eyes.

"You're so picky. I have many books and none are bad," jimin scoffed, flicking her forehead.

"Ouch... I don't believe you." Minji said, rubbing her forehead.

"Whatever," jimin mumbled, stopping his flipping and setting the book down next to him. He then started to take sticks out of the bucket.

"Jimin, the sticks are wet..." minji mumbled watching him.

"Well duh."

"It's going to take forever to light... and it's going to be smoky... it's already hot in here!" Minji complained.

"You worry too much... I have a lighter. And the smoke with fly away. Listen. I can eat my fish raw. You are the one who's picky and need it cooked," jimin rolled his eyes.

"I'll get sick if I eat raw meat..." minji says, playing with her fingers.

"Ah, you are so weird. Is that everyone or just witches?"

"Everyone but mermaids..."

Jimin didn't say anything, just gave minji a confused look. He started fixing the sticks in the way he wanted.

As jimin did that, minji was getting tired of watching him try to be a perfectionist. She scooted over to the rusted bucket with the sticks. Jimin stopped what he was doing to see what she was doing, when he saw her look down at the fish in the bucket, he went back to what he was doing with the sticks.

Minji saw two pretty big fish in the bucket swimming around. They were kinda cute.

"Can you talk to them?" Minji mumbled, not realizing she said it out loud.

Jimin snapped his head over to her, staring at her.

Minji felt his stare on her, lifting her head to look at him, she realized she said it out loud.

"I-"

Before minji was able to defend herself, jimin started laughing.

Minji went red.

For a guy so mean, he had a pretty laugh

"No, I can't talk to them like you're thinking. But I'm pretty sure they can understand what I tell them," jimin said through his laughter.