chapter 47

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Hoseok let out a heavy sigh, happy to be out of the harsh waters of the river.

Hoseok decided to leave soon after Jungkook left due to the idea that Minji wasn’t going to show up. however when he arrived at the river, thinking jimin would have it still open, it wasn’t.

The only way to even get by was to swim across and the thought honestly scared him. He wasn’t the strongest swimmer… and he knew the reason why everyone was scared of this river.

So it was either to wait for the possibility of Jimin coming to his rescue or to do it himself. He chose to do it himself. no way was he trusting jimin.

After throwing himself into the water, he struggled to keep afloat until he made it to the other side.

a part of him was a little concerned how easy that was but then again, the man eating mermaid named Jimin wasn’t around so perhaps that was the reason.

Hoseok rushed out of the water as soon as possible. Not only was the river water cold, but the rain didn’t make the trip over any better. He just wanted to get home.

He shivered as he walked home, trying to get under as many trees as possible to shield him from the rain. It didn't help much but it was all he could do.

Hoseok was good with the trails of the forest thankfully, so as soon as he saw a certain tree, he knew how close he was to jungkook's house. Hoseok thought about knocking on the door to see if Jungkook was around to help him or inform him on anything he knew about minji. the more he thought about it, the more of a bad idea it was.

If one of Jungkooks parents opened the door, then it would be the biggest shit show in the history of shit shows. Hoseok also didn’t want to be told that Jungkook knew nothing if he was there. Hoseok wouldn’t know if he could bear it.

Hoseok kept walking, hoping the rain would stop or someone he knew was around to help. He knew neither would happen but it wouldn’t help to be hopeful…right?

Hoseok happened to pass a window that held a certain elf boy in. Curiously, hoseok took a little peak. It wasn't like the rain was pouring and the night was making it so much harder to see into. But the moment Hoseok was able to see into the window and into the room, he felt his blood boil.

There minji was, in Jungkook's bed, peacefully sleeping, next to jungkook. Hoseok gulped. He doesn’t think he’s ever felt this angry before.

Hoseok took one last glance before walking his way back around and to the front door. Without hesitating, he aggressively knocked on the door, not caring if jungkooks parents answered or not.

Hoseok only had to stand there for a moment before Jungkook opened the door, obviously shocked to see a soaking hoseok.

“Hoseok! I thought you were going to wait at the house?” Jungkook nervously said.

The moment the door was knocked on, Jungkook felt like he was going to have a panic attack.

the last thing that he wanted was for one of the boys to find Minji here. now that hoseok's here, he had to play it cool. jungkook didn’t need anyone in minji and his business. they were fine by themselves. jungkook just got her all to himself. he didn’t need someone to take that away, like his parents, more so his mother, was trying to do.

“I decided to come back. have you heard anything? about minji?” it took a lot of control for hoseok not to push jungkook out of the way and get minji.

The question made Jungkook freeze. What the hell was he supposed to say? he was a horrible liar and the tone hoseok had only made the situation worse. but he had to do it for minji. he loves minji and with her staying here with him, it shows him how much she loves him! he’s willing to do anything for her. she will appreciate it.